Comfortable Dress shoe, any recommendation?
Sep 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rockport and Ecco seem to be the best I have found.

Antother vote for Ecco. Been using their Receptor series for many years. Fit my feet very well. Just bought their dress shoes, and they are super comfortable.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #20 of 28
Not only are Clark's comfortable, but they are also extremely durable. I have two pairs of browns and two pairs of blacks that I rotate -- I must have hundreds of miles worth of walking on both and they are still holding up great. Each pair is on 3-5 years of use in daily rotation.

Other shoes I've had (especially from designer brands) have soles separate from the uppers, threads come undone, holes wear through the sole, etc even after a few months of wear.

One problem is Clark's doesn't really market anything (in the US anyway) that would be considered really dressy (for wearing with a suit). Instead they are mostly dress-casual shoes, and the Clark's stores push Bostonians for the dressy line (for wearing with suits, for example).

I'm going to try some Bostonians soon.

--Chris

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #21 of 28
I have these Clark's and they are very comfortable but I wouldn't want to walk a mile in them. Actually I have walked a mile in them and regretted it. They are very durable and even though I never saw it advertised they seem waterproof.

clarks.jpg

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #22 of 28
If you're shooting for ergonomic fit and comfort, Clark's are just a British high street copy of Ecco, which was originally a copy of Earth Shoes and Hushpuppies. Look up those sorts of things (and Mephisto, and Bjorn) and see if there's anything formal enough for you.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 28
Another vote for Ecco. I used to buy rockports, but once i bought my first Ecco, I've been buying them exclusively since.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed Alden Shoes are one of my favorites as well. The Cordovans with custom dyes.
But when commuting I use Allen Edmonds. They have a rubber sole shoe that is more comfortable than some sneakers I've owned. Though it resembels a soccer sneaker a tad

x2 for Allen Edmonds Own several pair, dress and a casual low-top boot (this one made about 20 yrs ago.

Hideously expensive but properly cared for these boys last forever and always are stylish. Virtually hand-made in America and the stitching is always precise and accurate--when you buy a top-quality shoe, check the stitching inside the shoe and around the perimeter of the soles. Quality does become expensive

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #26 of 28
something im enjoying are the unlisted kenneth cole dress shoes sold on amazon. its like $25 so its pretty cheap and pretty comfy, and the best part is i wear them w/o fear of ruinnig them. the unlisted are worn when i go clubbing or work and have been pretty comfy for dress shoes IMO. of course after clubbing or work, i would immediately pull out my flip flops or the closest comfortable sandal/shoe and wear those, but at the cheap price for those unlisted i say its a recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back