Comfortable and durable IEM for under 50
May 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

varunperumal

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a Sony NWZ-A829 Mp3 player and the earbuds that came with it got damaged and i am looking for new ones but i am unable to decide. My main priorities are comfort as the ones that came with the Sony( i guess the MDR EX85) would hurt after listening to them for an hour or so). Good sound quality goes without a saying. Durability is also a factor for me as quite some earbuds  went out (cable got disc at the jack for all of them) in my hands.

I listen to music across the genres from new age to death metal.

My budget is around 50 dollars but am willing to spend up to 80 if you really recommend them.

Thanking you in advance....please help me out.

May 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 12
The cable on the S4 is actually pretty wimpy. If you aren't particularly careful with your earphones I would advise against them. 

May 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 12
I am not saying ER6i is not comfortable, and I haven't tried them either, but seems that they are mostly used with triple flange. If you want something really comfortable, I suggest looking into something small and sound good even with shallow insertion.

May 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 12
I searched for the klipsch s4 on google and quite some reviews say that the cable seems flimsy...then i guess its a no for me. The sound magics seem good but i am not sure about the durability and warranty for them and the company itself does not seem to be that popular....

May 14, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 12
The etymotic's look pretty good, but the tips seem a bit extreme... i mean i found even the sony MDR Ex series uncomfortable after an hour of listening. So my question is are the etymotics comfy?

May 14, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 12
BrainWavz M2, Sony EX500, Denon C551, RE0 and Eterna..........

May 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 12
Why does the brand have to be popular? That doesn't mean it's good. However sound magic are quite popular here and known for being one of the top choices for their price range. The PL30 that I have has gone through a lot of abuse since I don't really care since it's my sleeping and watching tv on my netbook phone so I just throw it around and it's still working just fine.

May 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
The etymotic's look pretty good, but the tips seem a bit extreme... i mean i found even the sony MDR Ex series uncomfortable after an hour of listening. So my question is are the etymotics comfy?

With etymotics it depends how comfortable you are with things quite deep in your ear canal. I can quite easily wear ety's with foams for several hours with no problems but they take a bit of getting used to. They sound good out of sony dap's. There will probably be more reviews of the s4's on these forums than on google too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back