Comfort Vs. Sound...
Jun 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #18 of 40
Depends how long your listening sessions are.  If under an hour, an un-comfortable fit is not a huge deal versus listening for hours.

Having said that, comfort and ergonomics is very important with portable listening whether it be working out/running, etc so I'd have to rank comfort fairly high.

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 40
Comfort is important, but you can't sacrifice on sound quality.  On the flip side you can't enjoy sound quality if you're not comfortable.
I'll second what another poster said and put in a recommendation for Comply foam tips.  However if you're really serious with IEMs the only way to go is custom.
I've had custom tips to fit on my UM2s for years, and it was a major improvement.  Comfort, isolation, and sound quality all improved. I recently had them reshelled into full customs
and it is truly the best of both worlds.

good luck
-Jeff

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #20 of 40
I simply can't enjoy music if the headphones are uncomfortable.  I'm a lot happier using my Audio Technica A500s over a lot of others I've tried simply because they're so comfy.  So I've now got to decide between a custom IEM and the W1000X to upgrade to.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #22 of 40
Although sound quality is generally considered to be the most important factor in purchasing earphones, if it is extremely uncomfortable it may not be worthwhile to buy them. If the comfort has to do with the tips, then you can swap them. However, if the build itself is the problem, you'll have better luck investing in another pair of earphones.

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #23 of 40
not sure if this is on iems or headpgones but personally, i find both equally important.
i will need them to be fairly comfortable before i can actually enjoy the sound quality. else the fit will just be bothering me. (bad overall satisfaction/experience) 

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #24 of 40
Both is important. Without comfort you can't listen for hours to your favorite music. And without the right sound quality, you just don't listen for hours to music.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:
No comfort = Unwearable = who cares about sound 
Crap Sound = who cares about comfort

Great sound + Super comfy= eargasm (ASG-1/EX1000)!!!

Nothing beats the PFE comfort for in ears.  For on ears, the Downtown is beast with comfort as well.  I don't have enough over ears to say anything. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back