comfort of the Shure E500
Aug 29, 2007 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Revonian

New Head-Fier
Can someone tell me what the better comfort is of a Shure E500 vs the E5c, when using the same tips,( in my case the E5c with the triple flange).
I would say,that the tips make the comfort.
And reading a review of someone who had both the E500, and the UE super.fi 5 EB,claims that they sound nearly the same.
what are the experiences of other users.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 14
Comfort wise, cable is lighter on E500 vs E5c, E500 doesn't have memory wire, as E5c do. I removed memory wire on E5c BTW. As for size they are roughly the same, the nozzle on E500 goes deeper into your ear than in E5c, hence I had to change my tips size for E500 - one size down, from Medium to Small. Of course yours mileage may vary
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 14
e500 are some of the most comfortable iem's on the market,beating alot of fresh ideas aswell such as triple fi's and so on,as for vs e5c id say again e500 are better but its pretty close,um2's are pretty comfortable aswell

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 14
I found the factory supplied tips for the e500 pretty good, but then I ordered a set of Comply tips and Wow. They are incredibly comfortable (YMMV). I know this wasn't the OP's question, but though he might want to consider the Comply's if comfort is an issue.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 14
I've had the E500 for a while and thought they were *very* comfortable. I've never heard anyone complain about their comfort. I can't say the same thing about cable design and rolled off highs though...
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how comfy is the e500 compared to e4c? about the same?

I think both are comfortable. I can't tell the difference between them.

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the factory supplied tips for the e500 pretty good, but then I ordered a set of Comply tips and Wow. They are incredibly comfortable (YMMV). I know this wasn't the OP's question, but though he might want to consider the Comply's if comfort is an issue.

I bought the comply's, after reading reviews of satisfied users, but I lost a lot of bass, comparing with the triple flange.They have indeed a better
comfort.

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #11 of 14
When I bought my E4c, it was partly to the fact that the E5c fit like hell (E500 weren't out yet). The E500 fit just as well as the E4c and are my personal favorite now (although I still have the E4c, SE310 and E2c)

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 14
I might bought the comply for my E500 as i heard they are the cream of comfort. I don't know if any of you guys tried both the long and short complys but i am wonderign wich one would fit the best for me. I have small ear tunnels and always use the smallest tips, but i don't know in lenght wich one would be the more comfortable for me.

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 14
Tip-wise
E500 and E4 have the same nozzles, so you can use the same tips.

Size-wise
E500 is larger than the E4 but is still quite light.

Profile-wise
The E500 fits much better into your external ear, so it's much more flush than the E4 (i.e. it doesn't stick out as much).

Cable-wise
If you look at the reviews, you'll see the E500 comes with extension cables so you can tailor it to whatever length you need. The downside is the E500 cable weighs heavier. I don't find the cable to be a problem but others have.

Hope that helps

Sep 2, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might bought the comply for my E500 as i heard they are the cream of comfort. I don't know if any of you guys tried both the long and short complys but i am wonderign wich one would fit the best for me. I have small ear tunnels and always use the smallest tips, but i don't know in lenght wich one would be the more comfortable for me.

I bought the short comply tips, and they have the same length as the triple flanges modded into 2 flanges, and they fit excellent,only as I said before , less bass instead of the triple flanges.I "think" that the short tips should be nice for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back