Comfort of SE530's
May 17, 2010 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FlatNine

500+ Head-Fier
After buying, then returning UE Triple-Fi 10's, I swore off IEM's. But after reading so many reviews on many IEM's, I am just a day or two away from ordering the Shure SE530's. Did anyone else have comform issues witht he TF10's but found the SE530's comfortable? Audio nirvana would be having them just disappear, but I'd be happy with just being able to wear them for 2-3 hours with no discomfort.

May 17, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 10
I haven't tried the UE's but I find the Shure's reasonably comfortable. They are quite large which could be an issue if you have small ears. They are meant to be worn over the ear as well, which isn't my best preference.
  The 530s isolate well and are my designated around-town IEMs and I do find that I can wear them for extended periods without discomfort.

May 17, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 10
i find that the shape of the shure 530 keeps it from isoloating as well as the westones because the nozzle is positioned in such a way as to keep the housing from being as flush to the ear as the westones...thereby limiting the isolation...otherwise they are fine IEM's

May 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 10
Yeah - I thought about the Westones, but the price difference was significant, especially since I'm also buying a new PMP.

May 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 10
Personally, I found UE Triple.fi to be more comfortable than SE530. But I have rather narrow ear canals. The SE530's deeper insertion created too much pressure on my ear canal, while the shallower UE fit was much more tolerable. So it really depends on the shape and size of your ears.

May 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Personally, I found UE Triple.fi to be more comfortable than SE530. But I have rather narrow ear canals. The SE530's deeper insertion created too much pressure on my ear canal, while the shallower UE fit was much more tolerable. So it really depends on the shape and size of your ears.

I really don't know whether or not I have small ears. I definitely could not tolerate the TF's regardless of which tip I used. And I really really tried to make it work for me. Guess I just have to take the plunge, and worst case, I return the Shures and try again.

May 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 10
klipsch image x10 is one of the MOST comfortable IEM's I know to date...nothing, and I mean nothing has come close to it's comfort and even sound quality.

10x worth it.

May 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #10 of 10
Yeah - the X10's were on my short list, but from the reading I've done here on head-fi, and other sites, it seems that for my musical taste, (50's and 60's jazz almost exclusively)  the SE530's might be more appealing to me, given their warm midrange. I said on some other post I made here on head-fi, there is just so much info here that I have ended up with a case of analysis paralysis, and got too reluctant to buy anything. The learning and research is part of the fun, but it just got too much for me. At the end of this week, I place my orders. Shure SE530's and Cowon J3. That is unless I get the Westome UM3X and the Cowon D2+.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back