Comfort issues with my Denon AH-C710 IEMs.
Sep 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrCrassic

New Head-Fier
Hi, all!

Earlier this week, I bought a pair of Denon AH-C710 IEMs to replace my Denon AH-C452s. They are great headphones and look as good as they sound (the reviews are spot-on), but my left ear doesn't seem to like them much. If I use any of the silicone tips that come with it, my left ear hurts after a couple of minutes of having them in! The Comply tips resolve this issue, but they are way too bassy and make the highs sound muddy. (I'm learning the drums and appreciate the highs from the crashes and cymbals.) I also tried reversing the tips to no avail. (They do go in much easier now, though!)

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to correct it?

Thanks!

(BTW: If anyone is looking for a pair of these, J&R is selling them for $75.00.)

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Buy a pack of the Sony EX tips. I use them since I had them from my last pair of IEM's. The silicone is very thin to the point where it is slightly translucent, and this makes for a very comfortable and soft tip. I get great seals with these tips, and can wear them for hours on end with absolutely no fatigue. My ears hurt too when I used the tips that came with them, before I switched to using the EX tips.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 5
I have more or less the same issue, my left ear hurts a little during/after a listening session. I'm considering getting those EX tips. But I'm too lazy to wait and buy the replacement tips online.

So, is it okay if I buy any of Sony's EX in-ears from my local store and use those stock tips for my Denons? They are the same as the replacement ones right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back