Comfort difference btwn Senn Hd580 and Hd600?
May 8, 2002 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sohcahtoa

Head-Fier
Are the Sennheiser HD600's more comfortable than the HD580's?
I used to have the HD580s and found them heavy, and something like a vice-grip on the head. Are the HD600's the exact same build, except metal instead of plastic, and perhaps better velour cups ?

May 8, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 10
And they don't get hot.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 10
I have to disagree. I find the 580s to be a bit more comfortable for me.

And the vice thing? I put em on a book overnight.

Also, the 580s just look more professional
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2002 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 10
I've got the 580s and I've used Hirsch's 600s, and found the 600s more comfortable, specifically the pads. Whether this is because they have better pads or because Hirsch's phones are more "broken in" then mine I'm not sure.

May 8, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 10
The HD600 pads are exactly the same as the HD535, 545, 565 and 580 pads... I bought some for my 580s a month ago, and they were original Sennheiser pads... with no reference to a specific model #, so maybe Hirsch's pads, as DCG said were just more worn in...

The comfort levels could vary from user to user... someone here said that the HD565s were the most comfortable 'phones they'd ever used, but to me, they really pinch on my jawline compared to the HD580s

Different head shapes maybe??

May 8, 2002 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 10
Personally, I've got a melon shaped head
biggrin.gif

Well, it sounds like if I didn't like the fit of the HD580s, then I probably won't like the HD600s. My quandary is that I'd like to fine a circumaural open headphone that has the comfort of my Beyer DT250-80s and the sound of my Grado sr80s. Also, a headphone that is not too hard to drive. All I have is a Porta Corda...I was thinking of the Senn HD535, since they are $60 at jandr right now, but if they are too similar in fit to the HD580s, then I might not like them.

May 8, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Duncan -

and for me, the HD580s pinched my jawline. It was like the balance of the tightness of the Cups on my head was more weighted towards the bottom. Maybe, I just got a bad pair, or should have tried stretching them out more....dunno

May 8, 2002 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by sohcahtoa
Duncan -

and for me, the HD580s pinched my jawline. It was like the balance of the tightness of the Cups on my head was more weighted towards the bottom. Maybe, I just got a bad pair, or should have tried stretching them out more....dunno

Strange... I could put it down to the newness of the 'phones, but then why would my 7 year old pair of 565s which i've worn for literally 1000s of hours feel tighter than my 580s where, if i've worn them for 100 hours, its a lot...

I don't get it... maybe there should be a 'Sennheiser Stretch' or something...
wink.gif

I'd hate to see what you'd have to say about the tightness of my HD565s sohcahtoa (very mathematical name has to be said
wink.gif
) if you thought the HD580s were tight
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

May 9, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 10
sohcahtoa,

If Grado sound is what you want, you're better off stretching the headband and see if you can make the Grados fit more comfortably... Sennheiser sound is just too different from Grado...

The HD590 may come closer to Grado sound and be more comfortable though, from what I have heard

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back