Come on, Bose-bashers, beat the Bose AE
Apr 24, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #76 of 92
I heard they kinda solved the fragility of the headphones on AE series (the original and AE are different in terms of construction.)

I would not say the sound quality is a mere 20 bucks. To be honest Bose beats PX100, KSC75 and about same as MS-1. Just to know at that time I had MS-1 and Bose Triport at same time and I compared them often. Yes, their sound signatures were different, but in overall sound quality they were about same.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #79 of 92
No... to be honest. No. MAYBE I can say PX100 is somewhat close to AE in terms of SQ.

OE is better in terms of clarity and bass control, but it costs even more. At this point, you can buy A900 if you spend a little bit more (or can find some good deal), or you can get D1001 from an authorized dealer at 150$. Even though OE is better than AE, the actual buying factor is a lot less.

And guys, this talk is basically America/Europe only. In Korea and Japan, we value Bose a lot more since other headphones are very expensive, eliminating the price factor. In Korea, for example, SR-80 and HD555 cost same as/more than AE, and Audio-Technica headphones are usually too expensive already. I am not sure about how Japan is going (since I am not a Japanese), but I heard Japan Senniheiser/AKG dealers are just sinister as hell.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #80 of 92
There are places like Soundhouse (although there was a little credit card personal info leak recently that drove many customers away) in Japan that will import headphones and offer them at reasonable prices.

But back to the topic at hand, you should really give the Aurvana Live! a chance. They're really similar to the Triport AE in form and function and for a similar price the sound is much better.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #81 of 92
I see they are from Creative.

off-topic, but I will not buy anything from Creative, ever again. We should never buy things from the company which intentionally cripple its own products to force customers to buy new products.

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #82 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

off-topic, but I will not buy anything from Creative, ever again. We should never buy things from the company which intentionally cripple its own products to force customers to buy new products.

I bought a bunch of KSC35s from Creative for $10 each a few years ago with the soft case. I called and asked for combined shipping and their customer service was great, and US based. I like Creative.

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #83 of 92
creative is ok. I like apple more
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #84 of 92
I've no idea what you are referring to, but I have had loads of creative stuff over the years, (assorted Soundblasters, PC Speakers, EP-630's etc) and always been happy

Quote:

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #86 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But back to the topic at hand, you should really give the Aurvana Live! a chance. They're really similar to the Triport AE in form and function and for a similar price the sound is much better.

These look like one of the best alternatives yet-- small, closed, light, around-ear... Thanks, I'll give them a shot.

To respond to several comments above, it's not that i LOVE the AEs so much, but as someone pointed out, there's no standout headphone in its form factor. I wish there were.

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #87 of 92
My only real gripe with the triports is the durability factor. I have known three people who have owned and all three of them broke over time (and a very short period of time at that).

all of them had to say the same thing, it was a good time while it lasted...

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah maybe- but you can't be the extraordinarily liberal drug laws.

be = beat?

Well, there moving to a direction to abonden the liberal drug law. There is a real hunt going on here in the netherlands for those who are growing that lovely grass holland is know for
smily_headphones1.gif

What use does it have if you can sell the stuff, if the store has no more suppliers...

Also the politics are talking about clossing up the coffea shops. And in some places over here there moved away from city centers. And about the red light district in A'dam. Also Gone...

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #89 of 92
Well the illegal parts of the red light district (wallen) so thats not too bad, drugs will stay legal for the upcoming years, no need to worry
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #90 of 92
Quote:

You guys need to seriously pay attention to recent hardware news.

I'm aware of the driver debacle, but I'd rather not bring it into this topic. In the end I don't really care who I'm supporting as long as the product is worth my time and money. As for recent hardware news, I wouldn't call that incident anything "news" worthy. Just a small thing on the side, and the guy was pretty much asking for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back