Come on, Bose-bashers, beat the Bose AE
Apr 23, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #16 of 92
I wouldn't really call the triports circumaural, my roommates got a pair and they sit squarely on my ear. The HD 25 1 and equations are just about the same size as the triports with a nicer sound (and one that benefits more from amping in the case of the senns, IME anyway). They may be a bit heavier, but the triports always struck my hands as flimsy, maybe it was just the headband but every time I hold them I feel like they may break.

Just my 2 cents though, YMMV.

Also, my portable cans are IEMs and all of them beat the triports on everything except maybe bass on a very few select models. While this does not fit your criteria I feel it is a valid statement.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 92
How big are your ears? They've gotta be tiny if they fit entirely within the triport. Maybe I have huge ears? I don't know, they sat on my ears like my HD25-1 do. I actually found the padded headband of the 25-1 more comfortable, with likely the same leakage (I haven't checked), a heck of alot of fun to listen to, much, much, much more durable and they really aren't that bulky or heavy. Just my opinion anyways. I've only listened to the triports for a few hours, so I'm by no means an expert.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #18 of 92
LOL, if you like your Bose Triports you should just enjoy them, then turn around and run far far away from this forum. Trust me if you keep reading you will end up spending more money then you would have ever imagined. Save your wallet and run while you can.
tongue.gif

If you decide to stay, one thing you should know, Bose is hated around here. Bose could put out the best headphone ever for $20.00 and people would still say the suck. So if you are looking for an acknowledgment that your bose are "awesome" you might as well look somewhere else.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #19 of 92
DriverHeaven.net: Bose Triport Headphones

What about this review..... LOL.

I must also have tiny ears though because the triports fit nice and snug right over my ears....the only good thing about them was the comfort in my opinion.

Sure the sound could be worse, but we are talking about $150 retail price for little tiny weak BOSE headphones here.

The Beyer DT 770 are built like a Mack truck in comparison and sound WAY better. The BOSE are lighter and more comfortable on immediate thought, but that's it.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #22 of 92
The triports are pathetic. They WILL break just from regular use, probably within one year. I know this because I own them. And they sound like rubbish, too. I have no problem spending large amounts of money on headphones, provided they have sound to match.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #24 of 92
If you want a "fun" sound with any of your cans, just jack up the bass and treble controls WAAAYYYY too high, then reduce the volume a bit, then OMG TRIPORTS!!!

Funny how the last reviewer used the QC2 to prove the frequency graph of the triport.... and says a right downslope means balanced.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #25 of 92
You have too strict of requirements. Of course BOSE will beat anything with those exact requirements.

I assure, slightly heavier headphones are not a big deal. You won't notice a difference on your head.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #27 of 92
Denon D1000/1001 and its half sister the Creative Aurvana Live! fill all your requirements:
Ultra-low leakage
Light and closed
Fun sound (yes, that means bass)
Portable
$130
Though retail for $150, they can be bought for close to $100. Drivers are biocellulose and much better made product.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #30 of 92
Euhm I kinda agree with the OP (throws himself into the fire). Like I mentioned in another thread, when I'm in a room where someone is studying, its the only headphone I can wear that doesn't bother him. The leakage is really really minimal. I know there are better sound heapdhones out there, but for someone who doesn't like IEMS, apparantly has small ears (owned em now for a year, and still they they fit in them, so for me the are definetly circumaural) and doesn't want any leakage, they are really not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back