Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K?
Sep 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

richi143

New Head-Fier
I have recently purchased a pair of audio technica ath-m50. I am looking for a amp for it. I want to know, being a low impedance headphone, will it pair well with E07k? Will there be noticeable sound quality difference and it will be worth investing in E07k? 

I will use the setup with my sansa clip+(non rockboxed) and LG G2.

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 8
  I have recently purchased a pair of audio technica ath-m50. I am looking for a amp for it. I want to know, being a low impedance headphone, will it pair well with E07k? Will there be noticeable sound quality difference and it will be worth investing in E07k? 

I will use the setup with my Sansa Clip+(non rockboxed) and LG G2.

I'm guessing the E07K will not be able to use it's DAC feature with the Sansa clip+ or LG G2.
Might as well just get the FiiO E11K amplifier.

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 8
E07k is a amp and dac both. I will use the amp feature with my source.
P.s. i am a noob. I am assuming that e07k has a line in and line out 3.5mm connector for the amp purpose. :-/

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 8
I am a noob here. I have heard that e07k is an amp cum dac. So it might serve as a portable amp like e6 etc. As well? :-/

It will serve as a portable headphone amplifier (with Clip+ & G2), but would not be able to use it's DAC feature with the Clip+ & G2.
So buying the E11K amp saves $30.

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 8
It will serve as a portable headphone amplifier (with Clip+ & G2), but would not be able to use it's DAC feature with the Clip+ & G2.
So buying the E11K amp saves $30.

That will be fine. I am gonna use the dac feature with my laptop as its sound card is crap.
Will e07k really make the sound quality better with ath m50? like how much difference will be there if talking in terms of percentage comparing it with the current output? :)

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Won't be a big difference. If you are looking for significant improvement, then upgrading your current hardware (m50x) will provide you with much better results.

EDIT: sorry I misread you were using it as a dac, if so then yes great improvement if you have stock motherboard sound. However, if you are using these primarily as an amp I would pass and save up for better headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back