"Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work?
Aug 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #91 of 95
What equipment are you using to do the measurement and what are the result? surely, you must have some note. how does it compare to the chip manufacturer datasheet?

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #92 of 95
You can find my DX50 measurements by googling them. I don't claim my results to be scientific proof or whatever.

Equipment wise I use my fujitsu laptop is always on batteries with the EMU0404 or Creative SB1240 soundcard as the ADC so I would not count it as very scientific either, you are probably disappoint that its not a SR1+, Dscope, RS or SYS2772. I do believe that their distortion is low enough to measure either but its not useful enough to measure high resolution desktop DACs. 

http://audio-gizmo.com/forums/digital-source/dx90-measurements-and-review/

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #93 of 95

confused.gif
 - you don't have access to your own measurements - why on earth would you do that ?

HF doesn't approve of chang* and other mutineers.

Here's a google link, anyway.

Firev1, as long as all your measurements are done under the same conditions, then comparisons between them should have at least some value.
I can't seem to find the iPod mesurements. They could do well as a base line, and a comparison with the measurements that other pirate did a few years back would be interesting.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #94 of 95
Just went back to my measurements folders and did not find my Ipod one so I did a remeasure, also apologies, I was wrong about the high jitter part, the DX90 has the most jitter between the DX50 and Ipod4g. Reference is off by a little 2.7dBV=3dBFS. Measured with my SB1240 which has pretty good jitter specs.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #95 of 95
Just went back to my measurements folders and did not find my Ipod one so I did a remeasure, also apologies, I was wrong about the high jitter part, the DX90 has the most jitter between the DX50 and Ipod4g. Reference is off by a little 2.7dBV=3dBFS. Measured with my SB1240 which has pretty good jitter specs.

No frequency response measurements or did I miss them? Fairly fundamental to assigning a "color" to any equipment, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back