Colorfly CK4, finally some competition for the HifiMan 60X ?
Apr 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #241 of 268
Yes, though colorfly recommend setting the volume to max when using the line out. I just set it full volume.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #242 of 268
Thanks H20Fidelity. I thought i may have received a fake. None of the buttons, jacks, usb slot or TF slot are labeled. Its also running 1.0.00.4 software.

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #244 of 268
Hi Guys,

Is there something special i have to do to get this to play Flacs from the sd card? I threw some flacs on there this morning but they dont appear to be playing. When i try from the music menu they dont even appear and if i use the explorer they are there but dont have the music cymbal next to the file name and they dont play. Any ideas?

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #245 of 268
Hi Guys,

Is there something special i have to do to get this to play Flacs from the sd card? I threw some flacs on there this morning but they dont appear to be playing. When i try from the music menu they dont even appear and if i use the explorer they are there but dont have the music cymbal next to the file name and they dont play. Any ideas?

Choose the sdcard, by selecting Directory List > TF Card in the music menu and try that way.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #246 of 268
Thanks H20Fidelity. I tried that but no go. There was music that came with the player that are flac on the internal memory and they play ok. Could it be a encoding problem or tagging issue?

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #247 of 268
Thanks H20Fidelity. I tried that but no go. There was music that came with the player that are flac on the internal memory and they play ok. Could it be a encoding problem or tagging issue?

Check to make sure the FLACs are not 24bit. CK4 only supports 24bit WAV files the highest it will support FLAC is 16/44. I haven't had any problems running FLAC, I would probably download this quickly and see if it runs, I know that works on my player.

Here's the album

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/radioactive-sandwich-mirage

What actually happens when you press play?

Also, try removing the tags on one of your albums with MP3tag and see if it helps.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Let us know how you go mate, we'll get this sorted for you hopefully.

Also, does the card work properly on another device? Where did you get the card from, is it new?

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #248 of 268
Thanks for the help H20Fidelity. Ill have to check this out after work. Ill give you an update soon.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #249 of 268
i have some files which are APE and I can play them with my cube c30 player and on my pc but wont work on my CK4. It shows error play on the screen,everytime i try to play them. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this issue. TIA

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #250 of 268
Ok, I have checked my files and they are 16/44 so they should play. I also compared them to the existing flac files that came with the player and they were encoded with the same flac version. Removing or retagging the files do nothing. I have also re-encoded the files using different flac presets and no go.

H20Fidelity, I am downloading the flacs from that link now and will update soon.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #251 of 268
Yes let us know mate, it's rather strange.

Have you tried other formats on the card such as MP3 320kbps and they're working?

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #252 of 268
For reference, here is what it looks like when i browse either from the explorer menu or the directory menu in 'Music'. When i press play on these files, nothing happens.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #253 of 268
MP3s work and I just tried a APE file (converted from the non-working FLAC files) and that works too.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #254 of 268
I have never seen that icon before on my player where the music symbol should be. I am however glad 320 and APE are working, which tells me it should be something to do with your files, what that is though I really cannot tell you unfortunately. I use EAC to rip my CD's and a lot of everything else comes from bandcamp in FLAC, I just never had a problem with them unless they were 24 bit FLAC files which I would convert to 16bit. :xf_eek:

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #255 of 268
Ill check the downloaded file once complete and give you an update. If I cant get these flacs to work ill probably go and buy a hifiman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back