Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Apr 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,036 of 3,325
out1 better on high gain, out 2 without high gain or so is my observation.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,037 of 3,325
I'm using Out 1, Low Gain OFF, LF and SF ON.  C3 at 38 volume.  Gives me plenty of "wow" without becoming a bit too "dense" sounding.  I like really clear sound, and found the High Gain a bit much.  I liked it, don't get me wrong, just not enough to have it on all of the time.  I found Output 2 to be lower in volume, haven't tried it with Gain on yet.  May do so (didn't like 2 when I tried it).  It may be that my Triple Fi 10s simply respond differently than do other buds using these settings, or it might just be me.  I'm even getting used to the "stupid" GUI.  I'm able now to advance a track without looking, and changing volume is a snap with the C&C.  And I've had no freezes since going to WAV with my random track folders.  As to albums using FLAC and a CUE, I can't advance tracks cleanly.  I have the CUE in the same folder with the FLAC, but I sure am not seeing it.  Is anyone else able to cleanly go from track to track using a CUE?  I used XLD with a Mac.

Thanks for the comments re photos.  :)

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #1,038 of 3,325
I never got FLAC Cue files to work properly, I put FLAC's on the unit as individual files. I use Cue files with 24 bit WAV's and they work perfectly.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,039 of 3,325
Flac and cue works fine here, when you go into the folder it only shows the cues and when you select one it shows the tracks.  Once playing next and previous work fine. 

Is this what you meant?

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #1,040 of 3,325
Nope- I can see the named folder, then inside I see the tracks.  So when I try to skip a song, it doesn't go cleanly to the next, kinda just goes somewhere into somewhere next.  If I can find a way to make WAV cues on a Mac, I'll try that

Edit- duh!  Just convert to WAV using xAct then run through XLD as a WAV single file.

Nope!  I get the folder with the name of the band/album, then if I click on that I get a folder with no name with 2 dots after the folder image and below that I have two music notes.  Clicking on the dotted folder sends me back to my list of folders.  If I move down to the "track" and play it, I get nothing.  

If someone with a Mac is having success, please post and I'll try something different.  :)

Damn thing works perfectly from the CUE using Vox on my Mac to play it, advances perfectly track by track.  For some reason the C3 is not recognizing my CUEs.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,041 of 3,325
Can you post an example of a cue file that doesn't work?  I seem to recall something about replay gain entries breaking something, perhaps there are other optional fields it doesn't like in your cues.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #1,042 of 3,325
Well, I've been ocd'ing with this.  I checked my FLAC cues and what they do is correct- to a point.  They are in a folder called Albums, and each duo (FLAC and CUE) has the same name.  So when I go to Internal>Album>Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet and choose it, I get a list of tracks in correct order.  I can choose any track and it will play from the starting point of that track.  So far, so good.  But, should I choose to skip to the next track while one is playing, THEN I get the issue of it doesn't go all the way to the next track.  I get the final 5-15 seconds of the one that is playing, THEN I get the next track.  And if I try to skip several tracks, it just gets lost entirely and plays randomly somewhere between the one I am on and the last one.

Maybe that is all the C3 can do and I'm asking too much?  

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #1,043 of 3,325
Interesting... most of the albums on my C3 don't have actual gaps between the tracks but one does and it seems you're right, the tracks don't start in the right place but the last track is one second of silence which suggests at least one of the track lengths in the cue file are wrong... I'll have to compare the cue to the single file rips on my computer to be sure and get back to you.

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,044 of 3,325
Yeah, I just noticed that some of my stuff does that. Let me try it on the computer.

EDIT: Nevermind. The best support I've found for .cue on Linux isn't very good. 
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,045 of 3,325
That cue works fine on my computer (using Audacious under Linux), so seems it is a C3 issue. It doesn't want each track to be labeled with it's length rather than the cumulative one either, that just confuses it further.  Very strange.

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,046 of 3,325
That was the problem I found with FLAC Cue's as well, random positions within the song. If I can get the MacBook away from the wife I'll check it out with WAV's as well for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,047 of 3,325
Quote:
That cue works fine on my computer (using Audacious under Linux), so seems it is a C3 issue. It doesn't want each track to be labeled with it's length rather than the cumulative one either, that just confuses it further.  Very strange.

Yup, same result here. The same exact .cue file works perfectly with Audacity, but has issues with the C3. Thanks for the tip BTW 
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,048 of 3,325
Well, at least we are all on the same page with this.  A CUE works perfectly on the computer but will not skip tracks cleanly on the C3.  

Apr 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,049 of 3,325
Leaving it to play, without skipping, the timing is perfect and it works great. But as soon as you try to change tracks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back