Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #811 of 3,325
which is a better cable to pair with the c3? :

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/SMSL-W3-HiFi-Audio-Cable-3-5-3-5mm-Headphone-Amp-iPod-PC-MP3-Laptop-/200851489223?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2ec3ae81c7#ht_2615wt_905

or 

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/HIFI-CABLE-Pailiccs-3-5-3-5-audio-cable-adater-MAC-/180981872930?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a235c3922#ht_3357wt_906

or

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Pailiccs-3-5mm-3-5mm-Male-Red-Stereo-Audio-Cord-Line-in-Cable-/380381201532?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item58907c847c#ht_1641wt_905

or

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Pailiccs-3-5mm-3-5mm-Male-Stereo-Audio-2-Cord-Line-in-Cable-/380381686374?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item589083ea66#ht_1569wt_905

or

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Hifi-3-5mm-Pailiccs-Male-Male-Audio-Belt-Silver-Cable-Adapter-Amp-DAC-etc-/251232192784?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item3a7e9b0910#ht_3205wt_908

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #812 of 3,325
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #813 of 3,325
When I couldn't get my C3 to charge up (and before H2O suggested the reset trick), I sent a question about warranty service to Colorful in Germany.  Check out the (short) answer about my issue (totally unhelpful) and the longer reply re something I didn't even ask about.  Note also the comment about "unregistered" firmware.

[size=11pt]"You can use a charger from older RIM Black Barry (2006 Edition) The connector is the same.[/size]

[size=11pt]About the RMA:[/size]

[size=11pt]A lot of Colorfly C3 and C4 in US market sold from third hand Hong Kong Online dealers directly to consumer without payment of TAX, VAT, MP3 licenses and without payment for disposal of old electronic equipment. It is an[/size][size=11pt] illegal issue !  In fact we have a big problem with tax and VAT evasion in different local areas.[/size]

[size=11pt]The user has a subsequent payment of all charges and must pay a lot more against legal order from local dealer when customs authorities open the box. In Europe Union more than 80% of goods from Asia region will be checked from authorities. If the sender specifies a false invoice the customs confiscated the goods for smuggling. Due to strict controls, it's not worth to import illegally. I suppose that the US import control system works nor so strictly.  [/size]

[size=11pt]We can’t handle RMA services for this items. We get in trouble with customs authorities because illegal imported. All [/size][size=11pt]charges are determined by customs [/size][size=11pt]and in worst case we must pay for repaired goods 30% of original import price additionally. On other hand these Hong Kong dealer destroy the margin of local operating HIFI sales channel, so we decide to stop all support of unregistered Colorfly C4 including firmware update.[/size]

[size=11pt]When user enter an unregistered serial number for Colorfly C4 firmware update at our web site http://www.colorfly.eu/download.html[/size] [size=11pt]he will get following page:[/size]
[size=11pt]http://www.colorfly.eu/forbidden.html[/size]

[size=11pt]Solution:[/size]

[size=11pt]In line with authorities (Each country has the right to take taxes for imported goods) we prefer to build in each region a local based selling system with well after sales service and support of customer. In my mind it is impossible to arrange item change at RMA issue in a short time when customer stay at the other end of the world.[/size]

[size=11pt]Regional local based selling structure (stationary at shops or online by region) have a longer breath and it is continuous business. The Colorfly is an expensive niche product and the most of customer prefer better support conditions with the possibility to catch there HIFI dealer at the local area in any cases of after sales support.[/size]

[size=11pt]Deal:[/size]

[size=11pt]Please help us to create a local selling system in US.  Please have a look for potential partner (HIFI dealer) around 50 miles from your home.[/size]
[size=11pt]With a local partner we will find a solution for your C3 too.      [/size]

[size=11pt]Best regards Thomas  [/size]

[size=10pt]Thomas Weidner-Schulze"[/size]

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #815 of 3,325
So, here is my EC-33 combo!
(E11+C3)

Sorry about the quality of the photo, was taken with a potato, so please keep that in mind.

In the last picture, I had to cut out a small section of the silicon case to allow my 3.5mm plug to fit, without obstructing the case.

The C3 and the E11 are 3M Dual Locked together, which gives it a firm hold.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #817 of 3,325
Quote:
Very nice!. Even better once you replace the E11.

It won't be long before that happens! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #818 of 3,325
great looking portable rig, enjoy music pal.

just remember H20 is a gear seducer, now he will mention to you BH, then RDB+, then something else and your wallet will be hating you then 
wink.gif

ouch, i note from your signature you already have BH :)

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #819 of 3,325
Quote:
great looking portable rig, enjoy music pal.

just remember H20 is a gear seducer, now he will mention to you BH, then RDB+, then something else and your wallet will be hating you then 
wink.gif

ouch, i note from your signature you already have BH :)

Yes, he seduced me into getting it!

No, I'm only kidding, he informed me about it as I was after a better amp than the E11, so I decided to grab it:)

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #820 of 3,325
H20 is a great helper in helping you rid off your hard earned money, but honestly speaking H20 is also brilliant at finding great tradeoffs and hidden gems which allow you to enjoy great sounding music without losing your shirt. for me C3+BH was a true revelation
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #823 of 3,325
My C&C should be here Saturday or Monday- finally reached America, is about 50 miles away right now.  Got me kind of excited.  :)

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #824 of 3,325
My C&C should be here Saturday or Monday- finally reached America, is about 50 miles away right now.  Got me kind of excited.  :)

You're gonna absolutely love it mate. :wink:

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #825 of 3,325
Well, it arrived today while I was out.  Charged it up, plugged it in (using a silver-plated cable) and started playing with it.  Love the gain switch but feel guilty with it on.  Right now I'm using LF and SF (I'm NEVER turning off the SF switch!!!) and it seems to be just about right.  Then I hit the damn gain switch, turn the volume down a bit and I really like it.  But it just seems too boomy with my Triple Fi's.  I turn off the LF, still seems a bit too bass-y for me.  So I turn the gain off and hit the LF, then turn up the volume again.  This is gonna take some time to sort out.  Except for the SF switch.  I'm gonna MARRY it!!  Makes the C3 sound different (fuller) which is not necessarily a bad thing.  But it will take some getting used to.  Which is also not necessarily a bad thing.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back