Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #797 of 3,325
Olddude, is this cryptography or what?
o2smile.gif

sorry, was just pulling your leg.

is this you had bad experience with this seller or what?

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #798 of 3,325
address for an Ebay seller apparently. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #799 of 3,325
It's the eBay seller I'm still waiting on.  His name is above.  His site claims 7-10 days to America, but when I asked about a due date he said 20-50 days!  Shipping shows it left Shanghai sort facility four days ago, I'm hoping for the best.  May just be a language issue, as his feedback looks good.

On another topic, anyone have an issue with their C3 not taking a charge?  I've charged mine up a few times, only use it about 45 minutes each time, and had charged it yesterday or the day before for a few hours.  Today, it refused to turn on.  Plugged it in, told me it was charging.  Tried it again, said Low Power.  Now it says nothing.  Dead.  Swapped out the USB cord for another, nothing.  Tried using the other cord with my iPhone charging block, still nothing.  Seems totally dead.  Glad I bought insurance for it.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #800 of 3,325
It's the eBay seller I'm still waiting on.  His name is above.  His site claims 7-10 days to America, but when I asked about a due date he said 20-50 days!  Shipping shows it left Shanghai sort facility four days ago, I'm hoping for the best.  May just be a language issue, as his feedback looks good.

On another topic, anyone have an issue with their C3 not taking a charge?  I've charged mine up a few times, only use it about 45 minutes each time, and had charged it yesterday or the day before for a few hours.  Today, it refused to turn on.  Plugged it in, told me it was charging.  Tried it again, said Low Power.  Now it says nothing.  Dead.  Swapped out the USB cord for another, nothing.  Tried using the other cord with my iPhone charging block, still nothing.  Seems totally dead.  Glad I bought insurance for it.  

Try pressing the reset button above the headphone jack (you will need a pin)

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #801 of 3,325
Thanks- that got it to charge.  Let's see if it takes/holds the charge.  The only thing I can think of that I've done differently is put a case on it- one I bought from the same seller. Maybe it was pushing down on the On button and discharged the battery.  Strange if true.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #802 of 3,325
Quote:
Thanks- that got it to charge.  Let's see if it takes/holds the charge.  The only thing I can think of that I've done differently is put a case on it- one I bought from the same seller. Maybe it was pushing down on the On button and discharged the battery.  Strange if true.

The case has nothing to do with it. I've been using mine with the case for months without any issues

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #803 of 3,325
I thought H20 had to trim the power button silicon a little on his case... Could be wrong though.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #804 of 3,325
Quote:
I thought H20 had to trim the power button silicon a little on his case... Could be wrong though.

Well, I remember something like that but I have two cases and no issues with both. The power button needs way more pressure to power on and off the C3 than the silicone case has

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #805 of 3,325

The problem with my case was the mould wasn't aligned to well, so where you would press the case to power on the C3 it would not hit the C3's power button correctly. It was off centre so to speak, I cut the rubber lip off the front with a box cutter. :devil_face:

I have to agree, I don't think the case could power on the C3 alone. Just to be sure though I would possibly try the C3 without any case to confirm it's working properly.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #806 of 3,325
Gonna let it charge all night and see how it is tomorrow morning.  Kinda doubt the case could be the culprit, too.  Will try for a few days with it naked, see what happens.

Edit- just seems to have finished charging.  Screen shows three bars, standing still, not scanning up from USB plug image.  Tried a song, battery shows three bars as well.  Took a couple of hours.  Wonder if it was a software issue that the reset fixed, wasn't taking a full charge before?  Gonna let it go two more hours.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #807 of 3,325
Gonna let it charge all night and see how it is tomorrow morning.  Kinda doubt the case could be the culprit, too.  Will try for a few days with it naked, see what happens.

Edit- just seems to have finished charging.  Screen shows three bars, standing still, not scanning up from USB plug image.  Tried a song, battery shows three bars as well.  Took a couple of hours.  Wonder if it was a software issue that the reset fixed, wasn't taking a full charge before?  Gonna let it go two more hours.

If the battery bars have stopped moving, means it full. I would just use it normally now and see how it plays out. I don't know why you had the problem exactly, but my C3 has not been immune to the reset button. On the second night of owning mine, I was laying down listening to music it just stopped and turned off, just like that, no pop, no crackle simply went silent. No matter what I did it wouldn't turn back on. Tried charging, connecting to PC, holding the power button, different wall chargers, nothing. At the time I wasn't aware of the reset button which in the end was all it needed. Over six months later it has never done this again. :xf_eek:

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #808 of 3,325
Well, this has happened to me a few times since I have the C3. It happens when the battery dies - not every time but often if you let the battery completely discharge. But if you don't let the battery die completely you're save. The issue is that the battery indicator is not very accurate every time and when it reaches one or a little bit more than one bar you have probably like 20% battery left some of the times and then in a couple of hours you can get surprised by a turned off C3 that will only turn on by pressing the reset button. The battery always lasts around 15 hours but unless you're always aware how long have you used the C3 since the last charge I recommend charging it when the battery reaches one bar or wear a pin with you 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back