Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #781 of 3,325
how can i delete double posts? silly me :frowning2:

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #782 of 3,325
You can't, most people just edit the post and leave just a period.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #783 of 3,325
I got my C3 through eBay, bigbargainonline, Hong Kong, 8gb for $115, included Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Earphones 
which I'm not using but list for about $20.  Delivery took a day less than the minimum listed delivery time (California).  Web site is simple, PayPal only. You could buy the 4gb for about $15 less, depends what you want.  I haven't put anything on the built-in memory, just use a 32gb card I bought. I like this seller, he's on the up-an-up.  The C3 is great, the more I use it the more I like it.

My silver-plated cable got here today, early, from Hong Kong.  Still no word on my C&C, tracking still says left sort facility in Singapore. Hoping I start to see USPS tracking, meaning it's reached America.    

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #784 of 3,325
Don't worry on tracking too much with USPS. USPS tracking frequently doesn't update until after delivery. Unlike UPS and FedEx, they don't scan the item directly on the vehicle every time it moves.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #785 of 3,325
Often, you are right.  However, my cable tracking showed up leaving HK, then I could see arrival in Goleta/Sacramento and then arrival in my town.  Surprised me, as I agree USPS is pretty weak when it comes to tracking.  

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #786 of 3,325
I got my C3 through eBay, bigbargainonline, Hong Kong, 8gb for $115, included Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Earphones 

which I'm not using but list for about $20.  Delivery took a day less than the minimum listed delivery time (California).  Web site is simple, PayPal only. You could buy the 4gb for about $15 less, depends what you want.  I haven't put anything on the built-in memory, just use a 32gb card I bought. I like this seller, he's on the up-an-up.  The C3 is great, the more I use it the more I like it.

My silver-plated cable got here today, early, from Hong Kong.  Still no word on my C&C, tracking still says left sort facility in Singapore. Hoping I start to see USPS tracking, meaning it's reached America.    

Olddude, where did you get the c&c bh amp from? Cause i live in singapore.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #787 of 3,325
Olddude, where did you get the c&c bh amp from? Cause i live in singapore.

Probably the same place I and everyone else get theirs, seller on eBay called pollychen.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #790 of 3,325
Does nobody here think this player is very poorly designed? Sure, it sounds good but they totally messed up in the UI department. First of all, they decided to go with massive, unresponsive touch pads instead of tactile buttons which makes it a nightmare to operate. In addition, these massive pads take up 70 % of the surface, so they had to go with the smallest screen in the world. This makes the device impractical of supporting advanced file systems and playlists. Because of this, I've had to place all of my songs into one directory and basically turn this into an iPod Shuffle. Compared to the Sansa Clip which I've upgraded from (if you can call it that), this device is an abomination of a design. What they should've done is gone with tactile buttons and a larger screen; instead, they placed appearance and 'wow factor' above practicality. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #791 of 3,325
Teck, I agree very much about all what you said but this damn baby sounds so good that I can forgive it for messy UI, i just get used to this and move on. :)

btw, coming from Cowon I never liked iPod UI, which is brisk to operate but forces you to using iTunes which messes up with songs so much that you have to spend much time to put porper tags and else. As concerns touchpad on C3 I find this fine as long as glass surface stays clean... just use a microfaser cleaning cloth more often and touch buttons will be not an issue.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #792 of 3,325
I bought my C3 from friend about a week ago, even though UI and controls are quite bad, I get used to them. I didnt have enough time to do some detailed SQ comparison, but for now I prefear it to other standard players I have (Cowon, Clip, ipod).

One interesting fact, in Europe some Hi-fi shops sells them, but for official price around 260$!

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #793 of 3,325
I do admit, the sound quality is superb. However, personally speaking, a major part of my music listening enjoyment comes from listening to the tracks whenever I want, and in the order I want. This is where the C3 fails to deliver, even compared to a MUCH smaller device like the Sansa Clip. They have no excuse for making such poor design choices. . 

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #794 of 3,325
I do admit, the sound quality is superb. However, personally speaking, a major part of my music listening enjoyment comes from listening to the tracks whenever I want, and in the order I want. This is where the C3 fails to deliver, even compared to a MUCH smaller device like the Sansa Clip. They have no excuse for making such poor design choices. . 

I can understand that, it can be cumbersome choosing tracks quickly, and things like making playlist folders shouldn't really be required. I personally like the design of the touch pad (make sure you wipe it over regularly) and the screen sure I can live with, but the actual UI and features went astray. In my eyes it's almost like they got the sound spot on, we all agree on that, and to me the build quality is far above average, but when it came time to design the actual UI and features that section didn't know What they were doing lol.

For example, the Rocoo BA I have here has the features C3 could of easily had, such as auto shut down, sleep, albums, artists, track selection, it resumes where you left of from the internal memory etc etc.. These are little things that C3 was capable of even with it's small screen, and even possibly could be added with updates but I just don't see any coming at all. So whoever designed the UI needs a good smack on the bottom, because they were 2/3 of the way there IMO

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #795 of 3,325
Quote:
I bought my C3 from friend about a week ago, even though UI and controls are quite bad, I get used to them. I didnt have enough time to do some detailed SQ comparison, but for now I prefear it to other standard players I have (Cowon, Clip, ipod).

One interesting fact, in Europe some Hi-fi shops sells them, but for official price around 260$!

correct, in Europe C3 sells for 199 euros on internet and 210 euros in shop. imagine what a rip off and no one complains, weird !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back