Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #766 of 3,325
Quote:
I don't know about E17, but C&C BH makes FiiO E11 run away and cry in the corner. Have a read in the BH thread sometime at the impressions of those who came from E11. It's no competition, It's like un-bogging your car from a muddy swamp and flying down the freeway at 100mph.
tongue.gif

Of this I have absolutely no doubt as the E11 will not drive my 880's to any acceptable level, the E17 just will, but it mostly stays docked in the E09K.
I have no desire of a E12 (just too damn big) and the JDS Labs C5 is a little pricy but it has open source Arduino code for its MCU so that could be very interesting...

I need a new mechanical keyboard right now, so the C&C will have to wait for me.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #767 of 3,325
Of this I have absolutely no doubt as the E11 will not drive my 880's to any acceptable level, the E17 just will, but it mostly stays docked in the E09K.
I have no desire of a E12 (just too damn big) and the JDS Labs C5 is a little pricy but it has open source Arduino code for its MCU so that could be very interesting...

I need a new mechanical keyboard right now, so the C&C will have to wait for me. :D

All in good time.... we need to let this members curiosity build just a little bit more. :wink: *toot toot* All...aboard. :D

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #768 of 3,325
Kam, i trust my ears, not reviews. my ears are still in good condition luckily. i also have very proper hifi rig with big three-way floorstanders (each has two woofers) powered by tubes. so my comparison is simple, the sound of portable to the sound of my rig. i really do not care about how many reviews i can read when i find something which is delivering a great musical sound. reviews are just for letting me know what gear i want to try perhaps but not more. before purchasing C&C i looked up Fiio but did not like what i hear about it from many users upgrading to better amps. i also was nearly ready to pull a trigger on Leckerton UHA4s but gladly our friend H20 pointed me to this little amp. so i enjoy great sound now and i saved some good 150$ if i am not mistaken.

PS: C3 is a nice player but C&C lifts it on par with good high-end system.
let me put it the following way: C+BH = Leema Tucana + Leema CDP. of course still this cannot match a bigger Ayon tube amplifier and IEMs cannot match a proper acoustical chamber. still i am happy as pig with my C3+BH. IMHO BH is a keeper, period :)

of course this is only my opinion and i am not forcing it onto anyone. trying as many products as possible is good... problem i do not have much time for this and i prefer listening to music at all time :)))

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #769 of 3,325
Quote:
Kam, i trust my ears, not reviews. my ears are still in good condition luckily. i also have very proper hifi rig with big three-way floorstanders (each has two woofers) powered by tubes. so my comparison is simple, the sound of portable to the sound of my rig. i really do not care about how many reviews i can read when i find something which is delivering a great musical sound. reviews are just for letting me know what gear i want to try perhaps but not more. before purchasing C&C i looked up Fiio but did not like what i hear about it from many users upgrading to better amps. i also was nearly ready to pull a trigger on Leckerton UHA4s but gladly our friend H20 pointed me to this little amp. so i enjoy great sound now and i saved some good 150$ if i am not mistaken.

PS: C3 is a nice player but C&C lifts it on par with good high-end system.
let me put it the following way: C+BH = Leema Tucana + Leema CDP. of course still this cannot match a bigger Ayon tube amplifier and IEMs cannot match a proper acoustical chamber. still i am happy as pig with my C3+BH. IMHO BH is a keeper, period :)

of course this is only my opinion and i am not forcing it onto anyone. trying as many products as possible is good... problem i do not have much time for this and i prefer listening to music at all time :)))

Totally get where you are coming from, and I mostly agree. I, like you, trust my own ears over reviews. Thus my little joke about the "hype-train". In this situation, I am mainly trying to pick up a portable amp that can do a good job with my Mad Dogs. Trying to find one that fits into my budget but still meets my standards in quality and performance is likely asking way too much. The Mad Dogs really do need some good juice to get a quality performance out of them.

To that end, most portable amps in the 100-150$ range might not be up to the task. Moreover, they have a specific sound signature that (according to reviews with many different portable amps) can really suffer with a bad pairing. My case isn't like most. I have no doubt that the C&C is a fantastic little amp that can work wondering with many setups, but I'm trying my best to weed through the information to be sure a find a good pairing for my exact setup. So far, only one person has posted a short review of how the the C&C BH paired with the Mad Dogs. Even that head-fier didn't mention from what source the pairing was played through. So basically for me its a waiting/guessing game until more reviews come out that meet my very niche need.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #770 of 3,325
Kam, i see your point. cannot say much about Mad Dogs pairing. sad, cannot help you since i am not big fan of full size helmets. like i explained it here for once i was a DJ and also a school rock group player and i developed hate for helmets because of spending about 5-7 hours non-stop listening and re-recording my next DJ session and it hurts ... so no full size monsters for me anymore :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #771 of 3,325
So far, only one person has posted a short review of how the the C&C BH paired with the Mad Dogs. Even that head-fier didn't mention from what source the pairing was played through.

Possibly send them a PM to get a further opinion from them.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #772 of 3,325
yes, believing your ears and pleasing your ears is more fruitful business because it serves you and not gear seller. otherwise my high-end merchants would have sold me all possible garbage they have. so let gear merchants not bamboozle us into buying spree.
wink_face.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #774 of 3,325
The Colorfly c3 really have some bad synergy with the vsonic GR06. It sounds so.. muddy. 
size]

I realise the C3 is rather bass-light. Will the C&C bh amp improve on the bass and highs?

Yes, it certainly will. I know what you mean about bad synergy, we think it's due to the output impedance. Some rare pairings sound bogged down or filmed over. Adding the amp cuts out the problem.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #776 of 3,325
Threelury, yes, i think amp will resolve some issues but if earphones are not cutting for you i would recommend change them for something else or better ones. i am not knowledgeable about Vsonic and know many like them but it might be pairing is not good enough and missing music pleasure is not worth keeping them.

Joesph, many of us bought BH from pollychen on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccf1bb50a

as for C3 i bought my from MisterTao: http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-15901459904.html

buying from MisterTao is a bit complicated because you first must create an account and transfer money on it which will cover purchase + fee + shipping. you can lookup shipping rates there before wiring money. when you pay them C3 it will take a few days before they buy it for you. after this you will receive second notification to pay shipping fees. after you pay shipping fees they will send your C3 per post, takes about 3 weeks to collect.

pay attention you have to select C3 version, either 4G or 8G, then you can also choose if you want have it with 16G micro card or just player. micro SD you will receive most likely will be Sony and works fine.

why i decided to suffer this hassle? because from Mistertao i receive C3 with many goodies that come as gifts including silicon case, various cables, charger and a few smaller things. from Hong Kong you will pay the same for C3 but without all nice goodies.

if you do not want all this hassle with Chinese website (really mind blogging experience and requires patience) then you can find plenty of offers on ebay from HK.
HK merchants work fine and shipment takes less time.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #778 of 3,325
Um Im worried about picking the wrong one.. there seems to be a lot of options and all in Chinese. Would anyone be so kind to explain the differences?
Quote:
Threelury, yes, i think amp will resolve some issues but if earphones are not cutting for you i would recommend change them for something else or better ones. i am not knowledgeable about Vsonic and know many like them but it might be pairing is not good enough and missing music pleasure is not worth keeping them.

Joesph, many of us bought BH from pollychen on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3ccf1bb50a

as for C3 i bought my from MisterTao: http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-15901459904.html

buying from MisterTao is a bit complicated because you first must create an account and transfer money on it which will cover purchase + fee + shipping. you can lookup shipping rates there before wiring money. when you pay them C3 it will take a few days before they buy it for you. after this you will receive second notification to pay shipping fees. after you pay shipping fees they will send your C3 per post, takes about 3 weeks to collect.

pay attention you have to select C3 version, either 4G or 8G, then you can also choose if you want have it with 16G micro card or just player. micro SD you will receive most likely will be Sony and works fine.

why i decided to suffer this hassle? because from Mistertao i receive C3 with many goodies that come as gifts including silicon case, various cables, charger and a few smaller things. from Hong Kong you will pay the same for C3 but without all nice goodies.

if you do not want all this hassle with Chinese website (really mind blogging experience and requires patience) then you can find plenty of offers on ebay from HK.
HK merchants work fine and shipment takes less time.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #779 of 3,325
Joseph, pick 8g with standard option if you want just the player... or pick 8g with TF card if you want c3 + 16g card. i know site works weird but it works 
biggrin.gif

same for 4g version, standard is only player, 4g + Sony TF card is c3+16g card :)

yes, and do not forget to check delivery costs, there is an option to do that when loading item into your cart.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #780 of 3,325
removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back