Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #676 of 3,325
Tolldragon, i must apologise for sure because what i wrote is just my personal distaste for iPod and iTunes and many people would disagree with me. but i do not like either product no matter how much i love else Apple products. to put it plainly they are not for me and iTunes drvies me me crazy and willing to throw my Macs out of the window each time i am forced to use this for updating iPhones and iPads in our house.

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #677 of 3,325
I know all the music on my C3 so navigating it is very easy...

I just miss Coverflow, it brings back fond memories of the K-Tel Record Selector. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #678 of 3,325
Quote:
Tolldragon, i must apologise for sure because what i wrote is just my personal distaste for iPod and iTunes and many people would disagree with me. but i do not like either product no matter how much i love else Apple products. to put it plainly they are not for me and iTunes drvies me me crazy and willing to throw my Macs out of the window each time i am forced to use this for updating iPhones and iPads in our house.

No apology necessary good sir!

There are a lot of people with a love / hate relationship with iTunes, personally I use Audio Engineering's Fidelia on my C2D MacBook and it works like a charm. I only use iTunes to load up the iPod that stays inside my Sony Car Deck's "TuneTray" with Audiobooks for the daily drive.
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #680 of 3,325
C3 Last night from road test...

"There's danger on the edge of town, Ride the king's highway..."

Dark grainy instagram lovin... 
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #681 of 3,325
Ordered mine the other day.  With chinese new years i don't get it for a bit (ordered off of ebay through china dealer).  I'd be using this for at the gym and normally i don't change songs too much.  I got a ipod nano with the clip, the small touchscreen ones people wear as watches and I only use it because i had the old ipod nano when they came out and it was laying in a drawer and saw they had a recall, sent it in and got a free upgrade lol

Looking forward to tryin it out, looks awesome

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #682 of 3,325
Quote:
Ordered mine the other day.  With chinese new years i don't get it for a bit (ordered off of ebay through china dealer).  I'd be using this for at the gym and normally i don't change songs too much.  I got a ipod nano with the clip, the small touchscreen ones people wear as watches and I only use it because i had the old ipod nano when they came out and it was laying in a drawer and saw they had a recall, sent it in and got a free upgrade lol

Looking forward to tryin it out, looks awesome

A friend got the same sweet upgrade for his nano as well.
You'll love the C3 more though!

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #684 of 3,325
Quote:
Looks very nice, so how'd it sound?

It sounded great, much better that the nano that is in behind the faceplate of the Sony headunit, even going through the AUX in jack.
The nano is connected inside through the DOCK connector and the Sony talks to it directly.

I loaded the C3 up with The Door's remastered DCC FLAC's and it sounded great or as good as it gets with my car. I just have stock speakers and the 50W x4 headunit in a unique piece of Korean engineering...

(No JL Audio products here they would be worth more than the car. 
biggrin.gif
 )

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #685 of 3,325
I can't wait to get my C&C! Arrrg...not getting to NYC until the end of Feb!

I am having a real problem with flac's on the C3 though...

This is what's going on...

I'm going for a week long deep sea fishing trip with 15 buds...I'm in charge of the music. So I have my iModded 5.5, the C3, and my iPhone5...about 200GB of music...we're good. lol

However, when putting the flac's on the Sandisk 32GB cards...all I get is massively distorted sound from every single flac I put on there.

So I try an experiment...I take a few of those flacs and convert them to 320 mp3's...and the ******** work fine! I'm like What is going on here?

This is bugging me out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #686 of 3,325
icefalkon, are they 16bit or higher? C3 accepts only 16bit. do you have cue lists? sometimes cue list can be a problem. that said i scratch my head because i do not have this problem but sometimes C3 does not like some of FLAC files i have which results in sudden stops, screen blackout and slow jump to the next song. luckily i have very few such files and rest of my collection spins just fine on C3.

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #687 of 3,325
try taking your FLACs and re-convert them into WAV and back. might this help? i understand this is not exciting way around but may be it works.

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #688 of 3,325
Thanks Gintaras, I'll try that. For the trip though...I just finished converting over 1500 files to 320/mp3 overnight using media monkey.

It may be that the files were higher than 16bit...I'm not sure...but thanks!

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #689 of 3,325
icefalkon, my C3 gladly accepts FLACs 16bit, i would not convert into mp3
confused.gif

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #690 of 3,325
16 bit here as well.  I bought the C3 because I detest any kind of mp3.  It's always FLAC for me (though I used WAV in iTunes for my iPhone 4, since it wouldn't accept FLAC).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back