Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #571 of 3,325
Haha, aggravating. Yes, Chinese new year is a big celebration 

Surprised the market isn't so extended to the States. isn't C3 popular enough ?
one problem with online is, any warranty needed, you'd have to send it all the way back. Other side of the world is a voyage. i don't know if buying from Australia is any better.

cicar,
I believe the difference in Flac and 320mp3 is wider in C3 compared to conventional players. As long you play flacs and with the C3 Bass eq, you might possibly get a nice louder volume and then you can decide if you need an amp, flat EQ dont really work for me. Rest assured C3 is worth the buy, there's nothing I don't like about it. its sound and portability is praised a lot. 

Quote:
Mach, understand you. for me C3 because i do not want too bulky DAPs like C4 or H801, but this is a matter of personal taste. that said yes, in my book C3 needs the amp to sound its full voice... cannot say much about CK4 but that again is larger and i love simplicity of C3 too. design wise i do not care much because there is only one priority and this is sound.

i also hope that gear bug does not catch me in portable audio because i already have pre-order for 14K $$$ tube amp for my room hifi to replace my cheaper 8K amp. and the worst thing is my wife does not know about this yet. hope she can cope with the fact :frowning2:

as concerns Terra i am afraid if your friends would have seen the looks of full size 20K earphones they also would call that grandpa device. you perhaps cannot imagine how weird some expensive high end gear looks like :)))))))) 

Haha, oh dear, pray your wife will understand your enthusiasm for superb sounds ! 

C4 is indeed a brick but one can reason that it is less bulky since you dont need an amp ;D. It's funny that I heard my cousins saying, that my headphones tend to get larger and larger from time to time they visit. Wait till they see the C4 . Do you know I find it a hassle carrying a mobile phone around that I'm considering to buy a wristwatch phone but something of a huge DAP is completely fine with me, it's even more important too but what I like to do now is compare my tiny C3 with stuff like iPhone 5, and then let them hear the difference. a tiny gadjet like David vs Goliath

oh i've seen some pictures of electrostatic headphones before, yes they do look odd like  little protective helmets for your ears xD but yeah must be a priviliedge to hear those. iwonder how it is compared

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #572 of 3,325
I got my c3 yesterday, all is fine, if only I could get the thing to work! Here is the problem.

I'm using:

Macbook Pro w/ Mountain Lion
Micro SD 32 gb (fat 32)

When I transfer music to the Micro SD, only the folder 'icon' seems to copy, e.g. there is no audio file in the folder.  The transfer time is what I'd expect for the file size.  When I eject the SD card and put it in the C3 there is no file (only the folder name) to choose from.

I'm sure this isn't the C3's problem but it's driving me nuts.

ps: I've tried the SD card in my girlfriends Microsoft computer and it does work fine but for obvious reasons this isn't going to be much use going forward. 

Has anyone experienced this before?  Any thoughts?

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #573 of 3,325
Try formatting it on her pc and transferring some tunes from her pc...see if it works. If it does, then something is screwy with the Mac...

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #574 of 3,325
Thanks for the reply.

Ok tried that.  Just transferred some mp3's, they copied to the SD Card fine, but then I got an error message on the C3 and the playback was random electronic glitches! I've now reset the device, same issue. 

Has anyone been successful using the C3 (with SD) and transferring via a Mac?

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #575 of 3,325
I know a lot of guys here use Mac's....but the question is...did you hear ANY music from it all yet? Did any mp3's or flac's transfer over from your gf's pc? Lets eliminate the unit as a problem first bro.

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #576 of 3,325
Yeah should have mentioned that. Some files did randomly transfer and worked fine. It seems to be when I eject the SD card, for some reason the mp3 are not saving properly. I have also emailed Colorfly to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #577 of 3,325
Ok Nick...it very well might be the card you're using. Did you try to reformat it using a tool? Download the HP USB format tool...it works great. Try reformatting with that, then throwing a clean mp3 or WAV on it. Perhaps take a CD, rip a song or two, put it on the card and then see what happens

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #578 of 3,325
Icefalkon, thanks so much, will try tomo morning, its getting late in London. If that doesn't work, Ill buy a new card and go from there. Shame, because the C3 is awesome (when it works) so much smaller than I imagined but in a good way. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #579 of 3,325
I got my c3 yesterday, all is fine, if only I could get the thing to work! Here is the problem.

I'm using:

Macbook Pro w/ Mountain Lion
Micro SD 32 gb (fat 32)

When I transfer music to the Micro SD, only the folder 'icon' seems to copy, e.g. there is no audio file in the folder.  The transfer time is what I'd expect for the file size.  When I eject the SD card and put it in the C3 there is no file (only the folder name) to choose from.

I'm sure this isn't the C3's problem but it's driving me nuts.

ps: I've tried the SD card in my girlfriends Microsoft computer and it does work fine but for obvious reasons this isn't going to be much use going forward. 

Has anyone experienced this before?  Any thoughts?

I think it's the card,, where did you get it? Because only last week I bought a card on eBay which I assumed would be genuine and it turned out fake, it did exactly the same thing. transferred, showed the folders, but no music files inside, It also caused me much frustration! Just throw the card away or return it and by a genuine Sandisk or Kingston card, save yourself the headache.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #581 of 3,325
For those of you on a Mac, I'm curious as to your workflow.  My C3 should be here within the week (maybe) and I'm currently ripping all of my CDs to FLAC (had everything as Apple Lossless in iTunes, decided to start fresh).  Sounds like I just need to plug in the C3 and drag and drop folders of music into it.  Or plug in a 32gb Sandisk and drag and drop folders into it and then insert it in the C3.  Then just choose what I want.  Is this correct?  Also, I need to run BlueHarvest when I do so.  Is that basically all there is?  Does the C3 have a Shuffle setting to run through songs, or is it folders and play songs in order only?

Thanks.

Edit:  HP USB is for Windows only, as far as I can tell.

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #582 of 3,325
Correct...HP USB Utility is just for Windows.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #584 of 3,325
Any suggestions for a guy looking to upgrade from his heaven iv paired with the c3? Recently i've been left wanting, especially with rock. Vovals just sound recessed. Really buying into the single armature designs of fad though; but that could just be all those threads i had read

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #585 of 3,325
Quote:
Any suggestions for a guy looking to upgrade from his heaven iv paired with the c3? Recently i've been left wanting, especially with rock. Vovals just sound recessed. Really buying into the single armature designs of fad though; but that could just be all those threads i had read

Well, you could try the meelec a161p - it's discounted this weekend to $69.99 on the official meelec site (with promo code 70A161P) and is fairly good with the C3. I use it a lot with rock. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back