Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #196 of 3,325
What is the latest official firmware upgrade released by Colorfly for C3?
So far how many firmware upgrade has been released?

There's only been one firmware update released to my understanding? Version 1.0.0.3

And we don't think there's going to by anymore for quite a while.

Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the update

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.colorfly.eu%2Fdownload.html&ei=GjDgUNaLC6-hiAeSvYD4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHpqRjRv7SAT4EgRPCP_fYxQkWPrA&sig2=vH_dTn5VUOQd4lOfBck9uQ&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dGY

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #197 of 3,325
Quote:
There's only been one firmware update released to my understanding? Version 1.0.0.3
And we don't think there's going to by anymore for quite a while.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the update
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.colorfly.eu%2Fdownload.html&ei=GjDgUNaLC6-hiAeSvYD4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHpqRjRv7SAT4EgRPCP_fYxQkWPrA&sig2=vH_dTn5VUOQd4lOfBck9uQ&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dGY

I was considering to add C3 in my source inventory.

However, there are some known issues in the current C3 such as  annoying 'pop or c'lick'' between songs,
and also no gap-less playback. Just hoping the new firmware will correct those issues.

Have you feedback those issues to Colorfly?

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #198 of 3,325
Quote:
What have made you changing your buying  decision from Hifiman HM-601 to Colorfly C3? Why RoCoo P was not in your consideration?
I'm just curious.:)

Well price was one factor because I'm not trying to spend $250 or $300 on a DAP right now and the other is I wanted a more analytical player to pair with my warm mid-centric SM3 and thought the C3 would be a good fit.

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #199 of 3,325
Quote:
I was considering to add C3 in my source inventory.

However, there are some known issues in the current C3 such as  annoying 'pop or c'lick'' between songs,
and also no gap-less playback. Just hoping the new firmware will correct those issues.

Have you feedback those issues to Colorfly?

pop/click between songs - Barely noticeable (unless you're trying to hear it), hasn't bothered me at all.

no gap-less - This can be resolved by ripping a CD as a single FLAC/WAV file and using a .cue file to determine which track of the album you are on, and skipping between tracks. You only really need to do this on albums which are basically a single track split into parts, otherwise gap-less is not really necessary.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #201 of 3,325
Quote:
pop/click between songs - Barely noticeable (unless you're trying to hear it), hasn't bothered me at all.

but it IS there unfortunately. and with varying degrees of noticeability, depending on what headphones you are using. however noticeable it is, it really is not acceptable to have this 'noise' on a 'audiophile' player. i suppose it is not too big a gamble and worth spending the £80 odd to try for yourself and see if it is an issue for you. it was for me so my unit went on ebay.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #202 of 3,325
Few questions from a potential owner:

Can the C3 play my 16 bit 44Khz wav´s out of the box?

On my current mp3-player wich is a mass-storace device, I organized the music by Genre, artist and album. It is played in cronologic "mode", which is one song at a time, one folder at a time, one artist at a time all the way through the library. Is that how the C3 will play it too?

I can scroll ofcourse for songs within a folder, but can I scroll for another album-folder within an artist folder, and can I scroll for another artist-folder within a certain genre?

Edited

Please bear with all my questions..  :)
Carsten

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #203 of 3,325
Quote:
Update version V1.0.1.7 - V1.0.1.9 Feature

1) the revision prevents noise phenomenon     between tracks
2) if file name too long lead to overflow
3) Support WAV with BWF metadata extensions

nice find! i will un-schedule my listing from ebay now and wait to see what occurs
beyersmile.png

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #207 of 3,325
Sigh, I'm going to ask again 
mad.gif
 because this problem is very frustrating. 

So, my C3 cannot play properly one album which is "House of Balloons" by "The Weeknd". If you try to play the album, the whole player will freeze for a good 15 seconds or so then the music will play.   Need help, please! DESPERATE HELP
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back