Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #226 of 3,325
So far has anyone (respected head-fiers) contacted ROCKBOX.ORG for rockboxing the Colorfly C3?
I am not so optimistic about Colorfly will release the new firmware very soon to solve all the addressed issues in C3.
Temporary I put C3 purchase on hold untill all the known issues have been solved by Colorfly.
mad.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #227 of 3,325
So far has anyone (respected head-fiers) contacted ROCKBOX.ORG for rockboxing the Colorfly C3?
I am not so optimistic about Colorfly will release the new firmware very soon to solve all the addressed issues in C3.
Temporary I put C3 purchase on hold untill all the known issues have been solved by Colorfly. :mad:

IMO rockbox will never be on Colorfly C3 never, just not enough interest, also how they would manage such a task on that screen is beyond me (but I'm sure they could). And.... the way things are going I'm sceptical about any updates soon, so don't hold your breath.To be honest the problems we're experiencing look much worse on these boards in words than they actually are. Until you have one in your hand It's very hard to understand what we're talking about or grasp the level of a problem.

Some of it needs fixing and other stuff is just nit picking. But in all honesty the player is still selling tons because it sounds that good, and none of the bugs really prevent it from doing it's main purpose. "playing music" Just jump in mate, spend $100 and enjoy the build and players sound quality. Gotta be in it to win it, and reading to much just becomes confusing.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #228 of 3,325
Im looking to buy a c3 but the pop issue has got me kinda worried, is it really that bad or is it something you get used to?

I see they are cheaper on ebay at around £70 from china though :/ Theres one on amazon for £125 is it worth getting one there instead because I don't wanna wait for the dispatch from china

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #229 of 3,325
regarding the 'noise', I think the best option for you would be to buy a unit and see if it is an issue for you or not. what is an issue for some on here may not be an issue for others. only you will know if it is an issue for your ears!

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #230 of 3,325
I never even register the so called issue with the noise it's that unobtrusive.  At least until i read about it.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #233 of 3,325
What is a good Amp to Pair with the Colorfly C3 & Westones 4R?

We're achieving good results with C&C BH and Colorfly C3 atm.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #237 of 3,325
After much reading., I really wanna buy one of these. I wanted to buy a RE0 for the clip+ but seems it would be underpowering them. Anyways, I think these will outperform the clip+ in all the ways?

Will these be able to drive the RE0 like they're supposed to be driven or the PK3?

Again, I need to mention that I prefer a neutral/analytical sound.
I would've opted for the CK4 but H2OFidelity mentioned that they don't perform similarly when using internal and external memory. So that's a major deal breaker especially since the C3 is cheaper.

Any synergy recommendation with this player?

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #238 of 3,325
After much reading., I really wanna buy one of these. I wanted to buy a RE0 for the clip+ but seems it would be underpowering them. Anyways, I think these will outperform the clip+ in all the ways?

Will these be able to drive the RE0 like they're supposed to be driven or the PK3?

Again, I need to mention that I prefer a neutral/analytical sound.
I would've opted for the CK4 but H2OFidelity mentioned that they don't perform similarly when using internal and external memory. So that's a major deal breaker especially since the C3 is cheaper.

Any synergy recommendation with this player?

Yes, C3 will out perform the Clip+, we have a member here who actually owns C3 and RE0, I suggest you msg him with your question.

He's a nice guy I speak to him sometimes...

http://www.head-fi.org/u/86807/eyal1983

Yep, my CK4+ does sound slightly different between internal and external memory, others say they can't hear the difference so take it as you wish. But certainly mine performs better from it's limited 8GB internal memory. :p The player has let me down. And to be honest C3 has the better presentation anyway and isn't really that far behind CK4. They hold a similar flavour, you can read my CK4 vs C3 comparison here...

Mind you this was written before I discovered the CK4 problem.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638415/colorfly-c3-vs-colorfly-ck4-comparison-true-portable-hifi-sound

I can't promise you will enjoy what I do though a few members have gone for the T-Peos H-100 Hyrbid and C3 combo, and are really enjoying.

Here's the H-100 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

All that should keep you busy for a while. :wink:

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #240 of 3,325
Can C3 feed your Re0? Is the bass light on these? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back