Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #106 of 3,325
Quote:
I don't understand what you mean about non alphabetical folders.
I turn mine on, select TF then scroll down (using the forward track button >] ) and I reach my folder list starting at A,B,C,D it's just when you first go into TF I need to scroll down one or two times to reach "A" everyone else does just like mine I'm pretty sure, I can scroll though 20GB of FLAC files from A to Z in 8 seconds then the list goes back to A and repeats again.
There is a problem and I think this might be what's going on for you. When adding new folders on different dates/days those folders will not be sorted in alphabetical order for some reason. you will find them by scrolling up after enterting TF. So what do you do? Create a new folder in your root menu (root menu is for example drive ( E: ) ) called MUSIC, then drag all your folders into that new sub-folder. Doing so will rearrange everything back into alphabetical order.
In short: Create a new folder in your sd cards root menu called MUSIC, drag all your folders into it.
Does that make sense dude? If not tell me I want to get this sorted for you.
How about the sound? We can't force you to like it but how are you going there?

Thanks, I tried it. Albeit its in alphabetical order on my computer, its not on the C3... Its weird...

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #108 of 3,325
Yeah, the c3 is kinda weird in that matter. For instance, in TF Card I have the 4 folders A-F, G-L, M-S and T-Z and they are in alphabetical order. Inside those folders are the arstists and they are in reverse alphabetical order - so in A-F I have Florence and the Machine first and Apocalyptica last. The same is in G-L and the rest. Also in the Artists' folders the albums are again in reverse alphabetical order. It doesn't bother me at all as its still alphabetical - I just have to scroll up instead of down but its the same for me. Also when I add new artists they are properly placed in that reverse alphabetical order, so aside from it being strange I don't have issues finding fast what I want.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #110 of 3,325
Well, if you think that scrolling up instead of down will cause you а headache. Frankly, I think people have been spoilt to much since the mp3 era began. When I was growing up cassettes were the only portable media and there wasn't a screen, there was no fast skipping of songs, no playlists, no shuffle and a lot of other stuff and people just enjoyed the music. Nowadays people are complaining about messed up or no cover art, album order and other nonsense like it's not all about the music, the sq and the huge space for music that you have on a DAP that's several times smaller than what I used to carry and barely fit in my pocket years ago. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #111 of 3,325
Quote:
Well, if you think that scrolling up instead of down will cause you а headache. Frankly, I think people have been spoilt to much since the mp3 era began. When I was growing up cassettes were the only portable media and there wasn't a screen, there was no fast skipping of songs, no playlists, no shuffle and a lot of other stuff and people just enjoyed the music. Nowadays people are complaining about messed up or no cover art, album order and other nonsense like it's not all about the music, the sq and the huge space for music that you have on a DAP that's several times smaller than what I used to carry and barely fit in my pocket years ago. 

^....x 2
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #112 of 3,325
I think what's wrong here is ever since the review was removed which explained in detail how basic a player C3 was designed to be, people are becoming confused. We've had a few people expecting to sort by album, artist, song, genre, because in the mainstream world of MP3 players people just expect these things, we can blame apple partly for that and to be honest it's becoming annoying seeing all these noobs jump in on something we previously had 50 pages of praise for saying....er.....I can't find a song....er........not in order. which is not their fault at all, it's because they were not aware.

The player is designed for simplicity. Some of you might not remember the day you put a cassette into a player then pressed play, and my god when it ended you had to physically get up and change sides of the tape. *holly cow they say* you had to get up to make the music continue?? Bit like vinyl, we had to flip the record over, and to change albums completely we had to actually CHANGE the tape or record. What I'm getting at here is C3 was designed to play one album at a time, ONE, not a mix of songs, not a playlist with your favourite little bubble gum boogie collection, ONE. One for one, You really must have the acquired audiophile taste to enjoy the sound. it took me a good week or two to adjust, but if you can find it's essence, the flavour, there's no going back.

One album at a time.

/rant

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #113 of 3,325
Quote:
I think what's wrong here is ever since the review was removed which explained in detail how basic a player C3 was designed to be, people are becoming confused. We've had a few people expecting to sort by album, artist, song, genre, because in the mainstream world of MP3 players people just expect these things, we can blame apple partly for that and to be honest it's becoming annoying seeing all these noobs jump in on something we previously had 50 pages of praise for saying....er.....I can't find a song....er........not in order. which is not their fault at all, it's because they were not aware.
The player is designed for simplicity. Some of you might not remember the day you put a cassette into a player then pressed play, and my god when it ended you had to physically get up and change sides of the tape. *holly cow they say* you had to get up to make the music continue?? Bit like vinyl, we had to flip the record over, and to change albums completely we had to actually CHANGE the tape or record. What I'm getting at here is C3 was designed to play one album at a time, ONE, not a mix of songs, not a playlist with your favourite little bubble gum boogie collection, ONE. One for one, You really must have the acquired audiophile taste to enjoy the sound. it took me a good week or two to adjust, but if you can find it's essence, the flavour, there's no going back.
One album at a time.
/rant

I remember the day which I put cassette and kept on FF and RW to find my tracks, it was not fun at all. It is kind of pointless to go backwards instead of forward, dont you think.

I am still puzzled on how the UI is, I am more than happy with hisound UI and it is as poor as it gets, however I am still not sure at all about C3. I was about to purchase one and I read it organizes things by artist name which is just a pain to deal with. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #114 of 3,325
I hear what you're saying but it's not the same world. My theory was just an example, of playing albums. Those devices were surely not portable, and certainly weren't going to fit in your hand or pocket and play for 18 hours by battery, all in the footprint the size of a credit card. Some people are the other way round you know, they become totally dazzled and confused by all those extra options. We've had members state they enjoy how simple it is. It's hard to explain to people that the player was designed only for album folders without them holding one in their hand and getting the "vibe" of what C3 is about. Using one for themselves.

The UI needs some work, just like most audiophile focused players, they need an update to stop a few things. you do not sort by artist name. I can tell you now you sort by alphabetical folder view, it's just it doesn't start at "A" you must scroll down a little first, and when adding albums on a different date it starts a new list or something, I can't work it out exactly and I'm really tired of trying to explain. No offence to you mate at all. or Vlooienuker, it's just done my head in and I blame Colorfly for not patching it up.

I'm in Australia, I would give a weekend loan if you had some established feedback. I really think words on a screen confuse a lot more than actual hands on. How many times do you see people say...I was reading it's terrible...it's not that bad at all? That's what I'm getting at.

Just the way the internet is, words do not have expression so you don't know if that "bad" is a X2 or a X10.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #115 of 3,325
Well, the c3 isn't going backwards - its just simple. To be honest even back in the day I had some mixtapes but seriously no one is forcing you to listen only to one album at a time. You can always make a seperate folder with different songs - like I have one for jogging or one for burn-in. Also sometimes before I go out I make a new folder with some of the songs I feel like listening that day - it takes like 5 minutes. I have to admit though that because a lot of the stuff I'm listening to is the same I listened to in the cassette and CD era I'm used to listening to those albums in their entirety, also a lot of them are concept albums. If you're the guy that wants to shuffle everything then put all songs in one folder but then it will be PITA to find a song. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the c3 is a simple DAP that sounds great but plays only separate folders, so if you can't live without shuffling your entire library, you need a big screen to watch the shiny cover art of the album instead of enjoying the music, or you're the guy that likes to eq a lot because hasn't bought headphones with the signature he likes and tries to fix that with eq, or you need a search function because of all that shuffling you have no idea which song is from which album, then you might want to look into something else - sansa, sony, cowon, maybe wait 3-4 more months for the X3. 
Also the lack of a review might really be a reason for all those repeating questions. I might try to fix that if I'm in the mood for reviews the next few days. 

edit: Overall, the c3 is very easy to use but you have to put in some time to organize your music in folders. Also, you can always improvise - you can make genre folders in which you can organise the artists or certain albums. You can carry several SD cards with different genres or mixed albums, there are always options, it's not like back in the day when half of my high school backpack was filled with cassettes.

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #116 of 3,325
From someone coming from a smartphone music player (a very good one, PowerAmp), there is nothing wrong with the C3 UI or the way it plays music. It took me about 5 mins to get used to the C3 UI and now it's almost second nature. Simplicity at its best.

Who doesn't have their music organized by artist and album in folders?

Stop whining and get organized!

If you want to shuffle your entire music collection then A: You're weird. and B: Don't get a C3.

If you want to listen to music how it's meant to be listened, by album, GET A C3!!!

:p

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #117 of 3,325
HI everyone, anyone has the same problem as me? On some albums for me, if you go into the album and try to play any song in that album my C3 and this even applied for my S9, it will just freeze and after about 10 seconds it will turn off unless you hold the play/pause button then the song you clicked on will play... Its weird. If you skip to the next track, same thing. On my S9, if you clicked play on a song, the album artwork will take 5 seconds to show up then the song will play. Just on the same albums... Maybe something wrong with the album? Its House of Balloons by The Weeknd. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #118 of 3,325
Quote:
Thanks, I tried it. Albeit its in alphabetical order on my computer, its not on the C3... Its weird...

I have the same problem - first I thought that it would be solved by renaming the folder, but that didn't work either...

Anyway, I bought mine through bigbargainonline on ebay, which comes with this HiSound PAA-1 earbuds - I haven't use earbuds since I was in high school (early 1990's 
biggrin.gif
) so I thought 'meh...' considering that iBuds isn't the greatest invention of mankind, so I just chucked it into my drawer, anyway today I looked at it and thought 'well, might as well try to see how much better this to iBuds...', plugged it into my iphone, tapped Rdio, and listened to Thrift Shop by Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis, song started and I was like "mmm...not too shabby at all, on par or slightly better than SHE3580/UE100" --- until the bass kicked in and I was like "WHOOAAAA..." damn this thing can SING!!!

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #119 of 3,325
HI everyone, anyone has the same problem as me? On some albums for me, if you go into the album and try to play any song in that album my C3 and this even applied for my S9, it will just freeze and after about 10 seconds it will turn off unless you hold the play/pause button then the song you clicked on will play... Its weird. If you skip to the next track, same thing. On my S9, if you clicked play on a song, the album artwork will take 5 seconds to show up then the song will play. Just on the same albums... Maybe something wrong with the album? Its House of Balloons by The Weeknd. 

My guess is that the album artwork embedded in that album is huge. Try making a copy of that album to play but remove all the album artwork.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back