Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #61 of 3,325
Quote:
Vlooienuker don't worry the controls are easy enough, remember how it took ( I assume ) a bit of messing around with the S9 before you got the hang of it, well the C3 is a lot simpler after a bit, you'll see. Ease into the thing.  Heck the S9 intimidated me when i saw my pal toying with it. It actually turned me off :)

Seeking stuff make sure you press firmly and hold it solidly, if there;s any iffiness it will see it as a tap. Helps to wipe the screen after a bit. It took me a day or two minimum to get the hang of it.  16 bit yeepers is fine , in fact 32 is debatable as to its validity, but that's another thread and hot topic, unless you want me to link you that.  16 is basically most cds .

MAch71 WELCOME to head-fi, great thread for a first post. Just be careful in here. I'll  let someone else tell you " and sorry about your wallet "
wink_face.gif

OH NOOOOOO is the harddrive inside the enclosure shot? ( I hope it is just the enclosure if there was one ) I fried one the same size when i built this comp. Now I have 3 complete copies.  Don't overhype things in your mind, and it may surprise you , at least you'ill hear it as objectively as possible when the time comes.  Also beware of other's opinions, everyone hears different. Hope your music files are higher bitrate/quality, this will show it. But honestly some of the lower quality files i have  keep impressing me also

Congratulations.

Its kinda hard for me but I will keep toying with it. To me, it sounds exactly like the S9 with reduced bass, more forward mids and a bigger soundstage. If I dont adjust to it by the time I go on vacation then once I come back, I will sell it immediately. I'm no audiophile and cant really tell the difference and dont know what all that hype was all about.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #62 of 3,325
Maybe just use a couple of the buttons for now, forget about the square one, and the two +/- volume ones. If you can use a computer it's no sweat.
  1. Look at the back arrow just like your browser internet window's arrow:  return to previous screen/go back one step.
  2.  the play /middle button simple is the YEP I want to select/confirm this, then just use one of the scrolling arrows for now. So that's just basically the 3 buttons for now.

If you find the scrolling titles are going suddenly in reverse, simply use the " back-page/back-one-step internet arrow " to go to the previous screen , then go forward again back into the folder you just exited from and it will display normal scrolling again.
  It'll come to you.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #63 of 3,325
Quote:
Maybe just use a couple of the buttons for now, forget about the square one, and the two +/- volume ones. If you can use a computer it's no sweat.
  1. Look at the back arrow just like your browser internet window's arrow:  return to previous screen/go back one step.
  2.  the play /middle button simple is the YEP I want to select/confirm this, then just use one of the scrolling arrows for now. So that's just basically the 3 buttons for now.

If you find the scrolling titles are going suddenly in reverse, simply use the " back-page/back-one-step internet arrow " to go to the previous screen , then go forward again back into the folder you just exited from and it will display normal scrolling again.
  It'll come to you.

Alright thanks. I will keep playing with it and get use to it. Just still dont understand why you guys said its a better sounding player than the S9. I understand I am use to BBE, M3B, etc but even with it off and comparing the C3 and S9 together, it sounds almost the same.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #64 of 3,325
M3B, etc but even with it off and comparing the C3 and S9 together, it sounds almost the same.

No, no no they do not.

I'm going to leave you one post Vlooienuker, but as I said you must learn what C3 is trying to tell you yourself.

You have already discovered the wider soundstage, you already found the forward mids, you have already come far quickly grasshopper. I imagine that mid range sounds completely different with your H-100?? Hmm? was that what you wanted a more central, mid range for the IEM. The changes between sources are not as obvious as IEM's ro detect. Next listen for difference in mid range attack, treble response, listen for separation, how easily you can pick out one instrument at a time, the layering and timbre.

I know the differences because I just ran the S9 (normal EQ) and C3 five minutes ago A/B. The differences are there and not subtle either. Often listening to the same song between sources is much harder to detect change, especially when the changes are not well known to you or you don't know exactly what to listen for.

Goodluck I'll check back in on this on a few days. :smile:

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #65 of 3,325
Quote:
No, no no they do not.
I'm going to leave you one post Vlooienuker, but as I said you must learn what C3 is trying to tell you yourself.
You have already discovered the wider soundstage, you already found the forward mids, you have already come far quickly grasshopper. I imagine that mid range sounds completely different with your H-100?? Hmm? was that what you wanted a more central, mid range for the IEM. The changes between sources are not as obvious as IEM's ro detect. Next listen for difference in mid range attack, the treble response, listen for separation, how easily you can pick out one instrument at a time, the layering and timbre.
I know the differences because I just ran the S9 (normal EQ) and C3 five minutes ago A/B The differences are there and not subtle either. Often listening to the same song between sources is much harder to detect change, especially when the changes are not well known to you or you don't know what to listen for.
Goodluck I'll check back in on this on a few days.
smile.gif

Yeah, its very, very slight changes. I have to listen to it very carefully to find the differences and usually when I am listening to music I dont hear it since I am not listening carefully enough.
It also takes forever to navigate through my music but I guess I will get the hang of it within a couple of days or weeks. Trying my best to like this DAP!

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #66 of 3,325
Quote:
Yeah, its very, very slight changes. I have to listen to it very carefully to find the differences and usually when I am listening to music I dont hear it since I am not listening carefully enough.
It also takes forever to navigate through my music but I guess I will get the hang of it within a couple of days or weeks. Trying my best to like this DAP!

Surly you are kidding?  this has to be one of the simplest and most responsive daps around.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #67 of 3,325
Yeah, it's very easy to use. It's all down to getting used to it. You should tap the touch buttons slightly harder than a capacitive touchscreen on a phone. It might seem that it is not always responsive in the beginning but once you learn how to do it - it's easy. Like with the locking/unlocking - it's actually all about the speed with which you slide your finger. I also like a lot the silicone case I got because it keeps that metal from freezing my hand now when the winter came and also outlines the buttons for me and I'm kinda starting to operate it in my pocket - I'm not locking it anymore as I've never had an issue with registered touches in my pocket. One thing you can do to speed up the navigation through your music is to make alphabetical folders in your sdcard like A-F, G-L, M-S, T-Z or something like that and then put the artists in them. It's also nice that the +/- and previous/forward buttons on the C3 double their functions when scrolling through the menus - for instance I'm using the previous button as up and the + button as down. Also, you don't have to tap repeatedly as a madman those buttons to navigate - you can hold them down and in a second the scrolling speed really picks up (the same goes for changing the volume). I don't know about scratches on the front but I'm not using a screen protector and I have zero scratches

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #68 of 3,325
Quote:
Yeah, it's very easy to use. It's all down to getting used to it. You should tap the touch buttons slightly harder than a capacitive touchscreen on a phone. It might seem that it is not always responsive in the beginning but once you learn how to do it - it's easy. Like with the locking/unlocking - it's actually all about the speed with which you slide your finger. I also like a lot the silicone case I got because it keeps that metal from freezing my hand now when the winter came and also outlines the buttons for me and I'm kinda starting to operate it in my pocket - I'm not locking it anymore as I've never had an issue with registered touches in my pocket. One thing you can do to speed up the navigation through your music is to make alphabetical folders in your sdcard like A-F, G-L, M-S, T-Z or something like that and then put the artists in them. It's also nice that the +/- and previous/forward buttons on the C3 double their functions when scrolling through the menus - for instance I'm using the previous button as up and the + button as down. Also, you don't have to tap repeatedly as a madman those buttons to navigate - you can hold them down and in a second the scrolling speed really picks up (the same goes for changing the volume). I don't know about scratches on the front but I'm not using a screen protector and I have zero scratches

Yeah, I'm getting use to it more and more. It will take ages to make alphabetical folders, wonder why they didnt make it an option to make it alphabetical. I'm using using the "bass" EQ as I find the normal EQ to be too bass light. Oh and thank god, there was a soft protective film on the C3 and it scratched very easily, just peeled it off now. Not scratched anymore. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #73 of 3,325
Quote:
about 10% less than a clip so enough for any normal impedance IEM. Output impedance seems to be rather high so it's window of optimum IEMs isn't as large as some others. Every DAP has some trade offs so it's always a matter of balancing the equation.

O I see, I dont need a powerful AMP, infact I need a unit with lower power out put :-D I will give this a go see how it is. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #75 of 3,325
Quote:
i've got a CK100pro and it is very sensitive to unit power out. its recommended power is 3mW max. I am worried that i might over load the unit. I hear hiss using rocoo BA hence the look for a new DAP begun. 

I dont think youll have much problem with them, and with the c3 its as close to hiss free as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back