Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Nov 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #31 of 3,325
Another tip, I found to my horror that I was not only getting a very distinct pop between track but also a loud blast of white noise, even worse on some tracks that it would not stop.  The guys at colorfly helped by suggesting using wavelab to convert the bitrate rather than dbpoweramp which I had been using and this has completely solved the problem.  Unfortunately my version of wavelab does not support batch processing or 192khz files but most of mine are 96khz anyway.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #32 of 3,325
I've just received my C3 :)

This is probably a stupid question, but is my micro sd card slot broken? I'm sure that I'm putting it in the right way, because it only goes in this way (without force), with the connectors facing upwards? When I push it in, it doesn't clip in, which is what I was expecting, it just comes back out again about 1/5 of the way and is loose.

Am I just being stupid? How do you do this?

edit: Nevermind, I have to push it in quite far... then it clips in.

Paranoia at its best. I didn't want to push it in and damage it, haha.

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #34 of 3,325
Quote:
Another tip, I found to my horror that I was not only getting a very distinct pop between track but also a loud blast of white noise, even worse on some tracks that it would not stop.  The guys at colorfly helped by suggesting using wavelab to convert the bitrate rather than dbpoweramp which I had been using and this has completely solved the problem.  Unfortunately my version of wavelab does not support batch processing or 192khz files but most of mine are 96khz anyway.

While you're at it, make sure to use dither when you render

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #35 of 3,325
After using my C3 for a few hours, here are my views:

The sound quality is so clean and detailed, it really is magnificent. I wasn't TOO impressed with flat EQ, but after setting it to the Rock preset, it was great. Some of the more aggressive music I've listened too feels like being repeatedly punched in the face. The interface was slightly fiddly to use at first but now it's really easy to use.

The only bad thing about it is the lack of gap-less playback, there is about a 1 second gap between tracks, which makes it not great for albums where tracks are linked into one song. BUT it makes up for it with sheer sound quality.

Very happy with it :)

Few things; Does anyone know of a good case to protect it while not in use? Something similar to a smartphone slip case perhaps? Also should I update the firmware? If I even can :p Version is showing as 1.00.00.03.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #36 of 3,325
You're running the latest firmware. Version 1.00.00.03. And probably the last one ever as well. :tongue_smile:

When mine arrived I did exactly the same thing, I was underwhelmed with the flat setting, mainly because I'd come from Cowons BBE, I switched to rock setting was really happy. After a few weeks all that changed, I started taking advantage of the flat setting trying different IEM's that were a touch brighter, Now about a month later I can't use the rock setting anymore :p I have become accustom flat. It's all about adjusting, finding the right synergy. Like T-Peos H-100 Hybrid. :wink:

You can buy silicion cases from MisterTao, the only place we can find them, if not use a sun glasses draw string pouch..."thingie". :cool:

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-20668664589.html

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330620218730?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #37 of 3,325
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #38 of 3,325
Quote:
You're running the latest firmware. Version 1.00.00.03. And probably the last one ever as well.
tongue_smile.gif

When mine arrived I did exactly the same thing, I was underwhelmed with the flat setting, mainly because I'd come from Cowons BBE, I switched to rock setting was really happy. After a few weeks all that changed, I started taking advantage of the flat setting trying different IEM's that were a touch brighter, Now about a month later I can't use the rock setting anymore
tongue.gif
I have become accustom flat. It's all about adjusting, finding the right synergy. Like T-Peos H-100 Hybrid.
wink.gif

You can buy silicion cases from MisterTao, the only place we can find them, if not use a sun glasses draw string pouch..."thingie".
cool.gif

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-20668664589.html
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330620218730?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

snip

Ah thanks, I've ordered a sunglasses pouch, haha. I will see how it goes with the EQ settings, might try flat later on again.

Quote:
thought I would link a new post about gapless here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/638956/colorfly-c3-can-play-gapless

Oh yeah, I did have that idea about making a whole album 1 track, but sounds even better with .cue being able to change tracks (although I'm not sure how to do it). Thanks!

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #40 of 3,325
Quote:

Ah thanks, I've ordered a sunglasses pouch, haha. I will see how it goes with the EQ settings, might try flat later on again.

Oh yeah, I did have that idea about making a whole album 1 track, but sounds even better with .cue being able to change tracks (although I'm not sure how to do it). Thanks!

I have now managed to rip an album into a WAV file with a .cue file for track references, works flawlessly with no gaps. Thanks for that suggestion nick n.

Quote:
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, does the C3 have a battery indicator anywhere?

I can see 3 bars in the top right of the screen which I believe are the battery, not sure though, maybe someone can confirm.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #42 of 3,325
Quote:
I have now managed to rip an album into a WAV file with a .cue file for track references, works flawlessly with no gaps. Thanks for that suggestion nick n.

EXCELLENT NEWS! Thanks for trying that. Of course all credit goes to the original poster at the link.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #43 of 3,325
Does that work with FLAC files as well?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #44 of 3,325

Users who are viewing this thread

Back