Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 3,325
Quote:
Which linux distro are you using that it won't connect to? Isn't it supposed to simply show up as a mass storage device, if it doesn't i'll be throwing mine off a cliff as fast as i get it. No windows for me thanks

I've tried Fedora 16 and 17, Suse 12.2, Mint 10, Lubuntu and Gentoo either via live CD or proper installation and they all do the same - it registers as a mass storage device but when you try and mount it it disconnects.  Connecting it to my Nokia N8 results in the whole phone freezing until it's unplugged so seems there's something slightly dodgy going on.

Originally Posted by alphabetagaga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did read about it. there were mixed reports. some were saying it is there. some were not. some were saying it is down to the ripper/file formats used. some were not. i don't think it was ever mentioned though until this thread that

'It happens with all C3, all formats, you can't correct it'

maybe i missed it. i don't know. anyway there has been no official word (has there?) that a fix is in the pipeline. if a fix is likely, maybe i'll hang on to it 
smile.gif

Yeah it's really weird.  Literally playing an album through I would hear a pop but having rewound 10 seconds into the first track and re-listening there was no pop.  It usually happens when both tracks are loud near the gap, especially if there isn't supposed to be a gap at all.  Turns out nearly all of my albums have tracks that run into each other so there was no other way than re-ripping for me anyway.  Only about 30 CDs to go.  They better not release gapless firmware next week or I'll be gutted at wasting so much time!

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #17 of 3,325
Ok thanks for that I'm running good old Ubuntu at the moment ( 10.04 ) and have not had any issues with mounting anything like I used to. Will check in and let you know when this arrives.
Good luck on the re-ripping, so you mean you're ripping every album into a single file?

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #18 of 3,325
Mine just arrived, and initial impressions, beyond what i was expecting for sound. Not even one iota of a regret getting these. Simply incredible.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #19 of 3,325
Mine just arrived, and initial impressions, beyond what i was expecting for sound. Not even one iota of a regret getting these. Simply incredible.

Yes, very good synergy with H-100 Hyrbrid! Gives a good taste of Hifi sound..

CK4+ is a step up again, but different, explode the soundstage, and add even more clarity (as I've said it can be to much) there's still something about C3 and H-100 that really gels well together. It remains rather well balanced too from low to high. Nice and crisp!

C3 and H-100 is like a wonderful garden full of pretty flowers blooming with pretty girls everywhere.

CK4+ and H-100 is like being on a roller coaster ride at the show with fire works going off left right and centre. You may not enjoy the whole experience but it's still a thrill. (has it's ups and downs)

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #20 of 3,325
In preparing for the arrival of the my C3. 
biggrin.gif

What formats are you all using?

I was converting some audio for it, from their FAQ I understand that it does 16/192 FLAC & 24/192 WAV.
Wow...I can't believe I was looking at the WRONG FAQ... 
confused_face(1).gif

I only have a 32GB uSD for it, I should probably be getting a 64GB instead.
Does the C3 support Class 10 uSD's or is Class 4 good enough.

Just curious...

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #21 of 3,325
Class 4 is good enough. U don't need the speed to read some music files. However if I you are getting 64gb cards the lowest speed should be class 10 IIRC.
16/96? 16/192? U meant 16/44.1? 

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #22 of 3,325
Just got mine today and the clarity is just superb but the clicks between tracks are really bad.  According to all the information I have found max resolution on WAV files is 24/48 which I have converted some of my higher res files to I may just stick a couple on without converting to see if they actually play.  I have also found that where my iPod is greatly improved by the addition of my Graham Slee Voyager, the C3 is far better without it and that is on both my Westone 4's and my HD650's.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #24 of 3,325
Quote:
Class 4 is good enough. U don't need the speed to read some music files. However if I you are getting 64gb cards the lowest speed should be class 10 IIRC.
16/96? 16/192? U meant 16/44.1? 

Excellent!
Since I was looking at the WRONG FAQ earlier, I don't think I'll need a 64GB card now, and my bitrates were all confused from reading that same wrong info...
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #25 of 3,325
Yup class 4 is absolutely fine.  Im using with class 4 and 6 myself with no problems.  Id put it right up there as one of the best sounding DAPS iv ever heard.  People complaining about that pop are just crazy iv been fine with my 2 but a friend has one and the pop (if you can even call it that) it is so ultimatley indescribably minimal its ridiculous that peoples panties are getting in a twist over it.

The Ck4 sound for me was good but really only in terms of having more power than the c3, comparing them side to side I def prefer the sig of the c3, not to mention the battery life is excellent even with flac which is all I am using it with.  May have mine up for sale again in the near future as Ill probably be going back to the ipod since I just got a audi q7 and it has the icontrol in it, needless to say this will be a convenience choice and not one based on sq.  

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #26 of 3,325
Hmm till now I have yet to hear the pop on my c3. With all my phones(miracle, tf10, ba200, e3c, mh1c, hm5). As for power it's a little on the low side, with the ba200 i have to crank the volume a little high but nv was it at max as i would be deaf by then.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #28 of 3,325
Does anyone know how to get the artist folders in your c3 storage and microsd storage to be alphabetical?

Yes and no.

I've noticed this. I have a work around. Create a new folder in your microsd root menu called "Music" or "Music 2"and drag everything into that folder it will reset the order.

Does that make sense?

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #29 of 3,325
Quote:
Does anyone know how to get the artist folders in your c3 storage and microsd storage to be alphabetical?
Quote:

Yes and no.
I've noticed this. I have a work around. Create a new folder in your microsd root menu called "Music" or "Music 2"and drag everything into that folder it will reset the order.
Does that make sense?

Or use this little freeware program called  Copy In Order you can select which order you want the data copied.
Folders, file's and file matching source / destination. (Windows)

For Linux you can use FatSort from sourceforge...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back