Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 25, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #3,256 of 3,325
How much did you pay for it?
bought it from Penon for 199$....
But you can ask for a discount there. ..
BUT....please pay attention bro:
As long as you can live with "stuck UI issues" there and get familiar with reseting some times when it is called for C200....its fine
You ll need to carry along in the case atoothpick in order to reset C200 sometimes....
Some times the screen gets " frozen "....
Playback continues there ....but you can reset C200 only with a toothpick or a needle on a reset hole on the bbottom of the device....
Consider your self warned about that
It occurs several times
Besides that... its the most crystal clear sounding dap i have trully ever heard.....

Dec 25, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #3,257 of 3,325
Anyway guys........ .
Trust my opinion here....
C200 is a champion.... a true winner...
I used to listen to C3 as well for 2 to 3 years but since C200 came along...only then i trully understood what i was missing there...
The clarity and instrument separation is way ahead C3 capabilities
The power too.....
With C3 the amplification was unavoidable. ...
With C200 no extra power needed there...
Even in high volumes there. .. in high gain setting the sound quality is top tier with absolute zero distortion and a soundfield full of space and air
Headroom wise is a monster....like a 3way speaker home set up....
As long as you can tolerate with some minor "stuck UI isuues" occurring there from time to time then you ll get in reward a transparent mid forward sound signature with life-like vocals and tones of air between instruments and an amazind detail retrieval as well guys....
20171225_103741.jpg

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #3,258 of 3,325
Anyway guys........ .
Trust my opinion here....
C200 is a champion.... a true winner...
I used to listen to C3 as well for 2 to 3 years but since C200 came along...only then i trully understood what i was missing there...
The clarity and instrument separation is way ahead C3 capabilities
The power too.....
With C3 the amplification was unavoidable. ...
With C200 no extra power needed there...
Even in high volumes there. .. in high gain setting the sound quality is top tier with absolute zero distortion and a soundfield full of space and air
Headroom wise is a monster....like a 3way speaker home set up....
As long as you can tolerate with some minor "stuck UI isuues" occurring there from time to time then you ll get in reward a transparent mid forward sound signature with life-like vocals and tones of air between instruments and an amazind detail retrieval as well guys....
Have you ever tried lg v10 or v20 I can get a used v10 for the same price as new c200 can you comment on the how does v10 sounds compared to c200?

Dec 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #3,259 of 3,325
Sorry can't help you on that one
Havent heard it at all

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3,260 of 3,325
Wow, c200 better then dx80. Hmm was going to buy an ibasso. Must rethink....

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #3,261 of 3,325
Wow, c200 better then dx80. Hmm was going to buy an ibasso. Must rethink....
Dont do it
It was really an overstatement man....
I do really think C200 is a reference sound device but DX80 has more open soundstage far more functional UI with lots of options and a total reference sound as well with top separation clarity and amazing micro detail retrieval...
C200 is for the treble lovers more but compared to DX80 is more linear sounding not as full sounding as DX80
Truth is that for long listening sections i do tend to use DX80 more relaxing and open sounding dap far more easy to use with touch- screen functionality and not "stuck issues" occuring there during playback...think twice. ..

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,262 of 3,325
Dont do it
It was really an overstatement man....
I do really think C200 is a reference sound device but DX80 has more open soundstage far more functional UI with lots of options and a total reference sound as well with top separation clarity and amazing micro detail retrieval...
C200 is for the treble lovers more but compared to DX80 is more linear sounding not as full sounding as DX80
Truth is that for long listening sections i do tend to use DX80 more relaxing and open sounding dap far more easy to use with touch- screen functionality and not "stuck issues" occuring there during playback...think twice. ..
I have option to buy each $120 Which one should I go for I only care about sound quality.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,263 of 3,325
Feb 10, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #3,264 of 3,325
does anyone had tried C3 with some Grado HP? how it sounds? will be enough power for 32ohm Grado? Just wondering about new pet for me:)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,265 of 3,325
My C3 can drive my SR60's to a decent level but you can get a little better output with something like a Topping NX1S as they mate well. Before that I had the Xduoo XQ-10 but the Topping puts out like twice the juice and is cleaner. May not be twice spec wise but sure sounds it.

Don't know if I helped you much but that is my experience, I love my stack. Really been impressed with how good that C3/Topping NX1S is with the latest renditiin of the KZ ZS6 bass enhanced is. IMO for $125 total it's crazy good:) Not to mention the Siver rig with Pewter Gray iem's are beautiful together!

Feb 10, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #3,266 of 3,325
Don't know if I helped you much but that is my experience,

Thx. Im actually waiting for C200, but i'm also interested having C3 as a more portable unit with similar sound signature. So having C200, I don't think that I will need an external portable AMP for using with C3, it will be stupid:) if I already have similar DAP (C200) with good internal AMP. The thing was, how it sounds with Grado SR series without any other gear, just C3 out the box:) I know that C200(or C10) will have enough power for any 32Ohm Grado HP (or even for 80Ohm, like DT770) . Thats it...

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #3,268 of 3,325
Is the C3 still a good player in 2018 against other entry levels daps ?
It’s being sold at 25 usd right now, and it’s incredibly tempting.
Just buy it...

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #3,269 of 3,325
Is the C3 still a good player in 2018 against other entry levels daps ?
It’s being sold at 25 usd right now, and it’s incredibly tempting.

Just buy it...

Yeah why would you even think about it at that price, just go for it. That's an extremely low price for a for one of the most neutral DAPs I've ever listened to.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #3,270 of 3,325
Yeah why would you even think about it at that price, just go for it. That's an extremely low price for a for one of the most neutral DAPs I've ever listened to.
NOT ONLY the most neutral BUT the most transparent as well.......
IF you do pair C3 with a bugdet friendly little amp like NX1S or BlueBird U3 ....the you have the whole package in front of you....Nice wide soundstage .....airy spacious vocals.....lively vivid sound experience..
i had bought C3 from massdrop at 59 $ and i would pay even more to get this quality sound source,,,,25$ its a totally steal.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back