Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #3,302 of 3,325
I just read somewhere that one needs to swipe/hoover thru the center buttons. But I like the way you suggested more, cause it's more effective.

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #3,304 of 3,325
Yeah, I think “swipe” was the original intent but discrete “presses” work better. Cheers!
I haven't used lock function too much but I played with it a bit and indeed discrete presses work better than swipe, and it even doesn't matter in which order you press those three buttons as long you push them in row.

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #3,306 of 3,325
Missed your post before, but that's an awesome rig. Nice job!

I used to listen to the C3 + C&C BH combo and absolutely loved the sound. I then started using my C&C BH amp for desktop purposes, but it's now been retired for that purpose, so maybe time to rock that combo again!

Thanks for the inspiration, and the trip down memory lane :)
It's still is a great little combo, the Brainwavz HM9 are long gone but the A3 does a good job with other cans.
Always wanted a C&C BH back in the day but never did pick one up. :wink:

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #3,307 of 3,325
The closest I could find was a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 battery it was 1500mah but just a bit too tight on the fit, the thickness mainly. When I tried screwing the backplate on it applied pressure to the board, when this happens the C3 won't boot up.

Thank you for the research, it does seems that a perfect lipo replacement for Colorfly C3 would be a 1000mah 434350 3.7v lipo.

https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/10249635.xlsx

But looking for a fresh lipo battery in my country is a pain, except for some common sizes. So I agree that getting a regular cellphone battery is much more preferable here.

The Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 battery you mentioned is listed as EB494358VU 1350mAh, not 1500mAh. I might try this route -- I think some spacer on top of the screw holes would make it work.

Attachments

• www.lipolybatteries.com.xlsx
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #3,308 of 3,325
After long gap will be taking out my colorfly c3.

Firstly wanted to know if there is any earphones/ head phone under 50 usd which can match well with it without any help of amplifier?

Till now was avoiding getting amp for it as I had stopped carrying audio gear when outdoor. Listening sessions were indoor only.

Now that I will be carrying DAP along with me so need some advice. BTW I am looking minimal clutter easy to carry around so just DAP and Earphones/headphones preferred.

1. Invest in newer DAP with powerful amp section under 100usd. I was thinking of hidiz ap60 pro but still no stable firmware for ap60 pro,
SHANLING M0 is similarly priced but not sure how it is?
Suggest if there is any other better DAP under 100 USD?

2. Invest in amp for colorfly c3 and get decent earphones or headphones but then I will have to use this combo for at least next 1-2 years.

Any help here?

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #3,309 of 3,325
Hi,

Anyone experienced this problem? My C3 would turn on when it is connected to a power source or computer. However, if i plug out the C3 from the power source, it can't be turn on.

I have charged the C3 for about 10 hours and used a pin the pin to poke the reset button numerous times.

Any help here? Is the battery dead?

Thanks a lot!

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #3,310 of 3,325
I was preparing for a trip this weekend, decided to take my C3 and exact same thing happened. For fun I plugged into my PC and deleted/added files to it and it seemed to reset and start charging. I was also concerned about a dead battery but all good now. Maybe try that and see what happens.

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #3,311 of 3,325
I was preparing for a trip this weekend, decided to take my C3 and exact same thing happened. For fun I plugged into my PC and deleted/added files to it and it seemed to reset and start charging. I was also concerned about a dead battery but all good now. Maybe try that and see what happens.
Yup. It works! Thank a lot for your help iJay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back