Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,926 of 3,325
I have a confusion between Hidiz AP60 & Colorfly C3, any help will be appreciated. Budget strictly under USD 100 including shipping & taxes to India.

My sole purpose of listening to music is through headphone out as I will not use any wireless heaphones in near 2 yrs.

Please help. If there is any other DAP for same budget range then please guide me there too.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,927 of 3,325
I have a confusion between Hidiz AP60 & Colorfly C3, any help will be appreciated. Budget strictly under USD 100 including shipping & taxes to India.

My sole purpose of listening to music is through headphone out as I will not use any wireless heaphones in near 2 yrs.

Please help. If there is any other DAP for same budget range then please guide me there too.

A quick testimonial concerning the C3; one of my colleagues has a iPod touch and was listening through Westone UM Pro 30, so during a flight I suggested he listen to my C3/NX1 combo. Needless to say I got my rig back 4hrs later when we were getting ready to land. I would recommend the C3 because it is built well, the battery is very good and it sounds good. The output is clean enough to amplify which I think does adds some dynamic range so I use a Toppings NX1. I don't have the AP60 so I can't comment on that. Feel free to PM me to discuss more if needed.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #2,928 of 3,325
A quick testimonial concerning the C3; one of my colleagues has a iPod touch and was listening through Westone UM Pro 30, so during a flight I suggested he listen to my C3/NX1 combo. Needless to say I got my rig back 4hrs later when we were getting ready to land. I would recommend the C3 because it is built well, the battery is very good and it sounds good. The output is clean enough to amplify which I think does adds some dynamic range so I use a Toppings NX1. I don't have the AP60 so I can't comment on that. Feel free to PM me to discuss more if needed.

Wonderful combo!  I have 2 C3 units, one paired with C&C BH2, that is sadly no longer made, and the other paired with the the NX1A.  The C3 UI is awful but the sound quality being what it is makes it all worthwhile.  Wish the BH2 was still available .

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #2,929 of 3,325
Wonderful combo!  I have 2 C3 units, one paired with C&C BH2, that is sadly no longer made, and the other paired with the the NX1A.  The C3 UI is awful but the sound quality being what it is makes it all worthwhile.  Wish the BH2 was still available .

Yeah, I searched out a BH2 without success so I got the NX1. It certainly does make a nice combo!

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2,930 of 3,325
My c3 has arrived in my city & will be delivered in next 3 days or so.
I would like to know if ve monk plus can pair well with colorfly c3 well without amping or need amp to drive ve monk plus through c3?

Any suggestion on an portable amp with neutral but slightly warm signature?

My current earphone & headphones as follows...

Brainwavz M5
Signature Acoustics be 09
Soundmagic pl30
Samson SR850
Philips Shl 3300 dj headphones
VE Monk Plus (planning to book )

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2,931 of 3,325
I would like to know if ve monk plus can pair well with colorfly c3 well without amping or need amp to drive ve monk plus through c3?

Brainwavz M5
Soundmagic pl30
Samson SR850

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,932 of 3,325

Brainwavz M5
Soundmagic pl30
Samson SR850

I received my Monk+ A couple days ago and haven't tried with my C3 yet but will. Toppings NX1 is a good amp pairing but its transparent, just adds dynamic range. I will post my thought later, sounds like a good gym experiment!

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,933 of 3,325

Brainwavz M5
Soundmagic pl30
Samson SR850

​Okee-Dokee;
I have been doing some listening this morning with Monk+ and C3, C3/NX1. I found myself searching the EQ section in C3 which I NEVER do! I like the Monk+ with the Classic setting and it's fine without an amp. I didn't find the NX1 adding anything noticeable to the C3/Monk+ combo. I listened to a variety of tracks between 32 and 27 on the level setting and I don't listen to music very loud. So besides adding volume with an amp I would go C3/Monk+. If I were you I would test this out first before amp searching and definitely look into the C3 EQ settings. Hope this helps!

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,935 of 3,325
I observed with C3 + NX1 + Monk+ (single thin foams) combo that with NX1 bass improves and soundstage opens, meaning instruments got some air around them and sound is a bit more clear. C3 has known issue with bass roll-off and amp helps with that. I think C3 volume is very adequate with Monk+. I only use normal eq setting. Volume should be always max 40/40 when using amp.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #2,936 of 3,325
I observed with C3 + NX1 + Monk+ (single thin foams) combo that with NX1 bass improves and soundstage opens, meaning instruments got some air around them and sound is a bit more clear. C3 has known issue with bass roll-off and amp helps with that. I think C3 volume is very adequate with Monk+. I only use normal eq setting. Volume should be always max 40/40 when using amp.

I would agree with that statement concerning C3/NX1 and IEMs! My Monks just may need some burn-in. I also normally use Normal EQ but that didn't seem to work with Monk; listening preferences I imagine.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2,937 of 3,325
Thank you guys.
I will go for ve monk plus for my outdoor listening till I get some capable IEM's next year.

I had Aiwa walkman player long back & always loved their stock earphones/earbuds. I even bought one later for my first cheapo chinese mp3 player. Hoping to enjoy that earbuds experience again with c3.

P.S : I am not an audiophile nor my ears are well trained.

Thanks again...

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #2,938 of 3,325
I found I also like the EQ settings when using the Monk Plus and I just chalk it up to the loss in seal. I also prefer my XQ-10 to the NX1 with my C3 but we all hear things just a little differently
wink_face.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,940 of 3,325
On a second thought I am thinking is it worth to invest in ultra low budget IEM's/Earbuds again {VE Monk Plus}?

Which IEM's around 50 USD can pair really well without any amp along with Colorfly C3?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back