Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 29, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #2,941 of 3,325
On a second thought I am thinking is it worth to invest in ultra low budget IEM's/Earbuds again {VE Monk Plus}?

Which IEM's around 50 USD can pair really well without any amp along with Colorfly C3?

Thanks in advance.

I use Soundmagic E10 with C3 as my daily on-the-go combo, and even though NX1 still improves things a bit in ways earlier mentioned, I think E10 sounds really good with C3 without an amp. E10 has really pleasant, pretty natural signature and non fatiguing at least to my ears. Bass is way above flat but not too much by any means. I'm not bass head myself and I believe E10 are not designed to be bass head iem anyway. Soundstage is really good for iem. Excellent value for it's price, I paid ~33€ of mine shipped. I believe still one of best within 50$ range.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #2,942 of 3,325
I use Soundmagic E10 with C3 as my daily on-the-go combo, and even though NX1 still improves things a bit in ways earlier mentioned, I think E10 sounds really good with C3 without an amp. E10 has really pleasant, pretty natural signature and non fatiguing at least to my ears. Bass is way above flat but not too much by any means. I'm not bass head myself and I believe E10 are not designed to be bass head iem anyway. Soundstage is really good for iem. Excellent value for it's price, I paid ~33€ of mine shipped. I believe still one of best within 50$ range.

E10 were my first imported IEM after deciding local shopping mall earphones were a waste of time. You could say they were my gateway product into portable audio, an eye opener to smaller companies giving value and greater performance.

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #2,943 of 3,325

E10 were my first imported IEM after deciding local shopping mall earphones were a waste of time. You could say they were my gateway product into portable audio, an eye opener to smaller companies giving value and greater performance.

Exactly and the E10's in the black and copper are beautiful iem's, now I just need the matching Rover Evo from the commercial to go with them
rolleyes.gif

I like the volume wheel on the side of the Xduoo and my fave iem's with the C3 (staying budget here) are my TFZ series 1's Sandy
wink_face.gif

New day, new rig
beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,944 of 3,325
Exactly and the E10's in the black and copper are beautiful iem's, now I just need the matching Rover Evo from the commercial to go with them:rolleyes:

I like the volume wheel on the side of the Xduoo and my fave iem's with the C3 (staying budget here) are my TFZ series 1's Sandy:wink_face:

New day, new rig:beerchug:

I was following Sound Magic on Facebook for a while, used to tell them their products were great but due the language barrier I don't know if they understood a word a said lol.

No likes or replies... :joy:

I reckon C3 and E10 would be pretty good for sure, never tried it though. There's a Shanling like yours above on Aus eBay atm but I've had the M3, good little units.

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,945 of 3,325
I was following Sound Magic on Facebook for a while, used to tell them their products were great but due the language barrier I don't know if they understood a word a said lol.

No likes or replies... :joy:

I reckon C3 and E10 would be pretty good for sure, never tried it though. There's a Shanling like yours above on Aus eBay atm but I've had the M3, good little units.

Yessir, I've run into that communication barrier more than once but the big smiley emoticon is universal and has actually garnered me a few discounts along the way
wink_face.gif

E10's do sound very good on the C3
bigsmile_face.gif
I think that I'm a real Shanling Fanboy as soon as I was on the M2 tour I ordered one then the M5 big brother and now I've fallen deeply and madly in love with my latest
eek.gif
(Don't let the wife read this)
rolleyes.gif

And to not forget who's thread this is
blink.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #2,946 of 3,325
For those who find the C3 getting a little dated I'll personally recommend looking at the AK JR now it's getting cheaper. It emits a little warmth which gives it an analogue sound but of all the lower tier players I've tried recently it's been the most impressive. You'll also be moving onto bigger touchscreen, better UI, etc.

Very impressed with its addictive signature.

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,947 of 3,325
For those who find the C3 getting a little dated I'll personally recommend looking at the AK JR now it's getting cheaper. It emits a little warmth which gives it an analogue sound but of all the lower tier players I've tried recently it's been the most impressive. You'll also be moving onto bigger touchscreen, better UI, etc.

I'll have to recommend the xduoo x10 for a neutral and clear sounding DAP. It also has a bigger screen, all-hardware controls and great build quality. The C3 has been famous for being neutral and very clear sounding but next to it, the x10 sounds like a laser - more accurate, controlled and cleaner. The X10 is more technical and sterile sounding DAP, so if someone went for or considered the c3 for its praised neutrality and clarity I have to say the x10 is not a bad place to look for these things. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #2,948 of 3,325

I'll have to recommend the xduoo x10 for a neutral and clear sounding DAP. It also has a bigger screen, all-hardware controls and great build quality. The C3 has been famous for being neutral and very clear sounding but next to it, the x10 sounds like a laser - more accurate, controlled and cleaner. The X10 is more technical and sterile sounding DAP, so if someone went for or considered the c3 for its praised neutrality and clarity I have to say the x10 is not a bad place to look for these things. 

You guys are seriously... poison :cool:
ak jr, x10, and my list goes on...

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #2,949 of 3,325
One thing i've been getting into recently is low level listening, where you just have the volume idling gently, quite soothing if the combination works well, C3 was good at this, hence my liking to JR. I'm becoming a bit tired of over energetic sound, I can plug my Tralucent Reference.1 IEM into the DacAmp One and they virtually sound like a full-size headphone with the vibrancy and detail of balanced armatures. But like anything you've accomplished that and move on.

I'm quite happy plodding along at volume 30 with the Reference.1 plugged into AK JR.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2,950 of 3,325
One thing i've been getting into recently is low level listening, where you just have the volume idling gently, quite soothing if the combination works well, C3 was good at this, hence my liking to JR. I'm becoming a bit tired of over energetic sound, I can plug my Tralucent Reference.1 IEM into the DacAmp One and they virtually sound like a full-size headphone with the vibrancy and detail of balanced armatures. But like anything you've accomplished that and move on.

I'm quite happy plodding along at volume 30 with the Reference.1 plugged into AK JR.

Yeah, I've been into low level listening for a long time as I listen to music while I work and high volume or too energetic sound distract me or engage me too much in the music rather than the task at hand. That's one of the reasons I've piled thousands of hours on my BH amp coz on low gain its quite soft an inoffensive and relaxes me. And yeah, the C3 is quite soothing with its sweet tone and slightly softer presentation.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,951 of 3,325

Guys just cant get enough from my zravel combo:

Fidues A73 & C3. : just perfect to my ears...
Speaking of dated daps i am curtently waiting for Colorfly C200 to arrive...
Not interested in fancy UI stuff ju*t sound perfection...
Wondering though how well LZ A4 will pair along with C3 & C200 as well cause just ordered those from massdrop and waiting for the last ones to arrive as well...

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #2,952 of 3,325

I've had my C3 for about 6 months, bought second-hand via Ebay and was instantly in love with the clarity and airiness of the music coming out of this little nugget (I usually listen to 80s, rock and roll and classical). Just listening to Steve Vai on my C3 with my SR80i's boy, did the C3 bring out the fun that people equate these headphones with! I couldn't stop headbanging whilst hanging out the laundry!!!
L3000.gif
beyersmile.png
Kick drum was so punchy, cymbals so tishy and guitar so electric, I just couldn't stop smiling and bopping (volume was at 29!)...was almost tempted to throw all the laundry in the air!!!
atsmile.gif
The SR80 and C3 to me are a match made in heaven!!

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #2,953 of 3,325
If you are looking for a new dap, like upgrading from a basic sansa or mobile phone...I suggest look elsewhere. There are many current newer daps that offer good sounding, better features, better functions at similar price range.
However, if you are the patient type and already owned a few daps or iems but interested in trying out an alternative small, lightweight good sounding, good battery life player, c3 is actually not bad, if you can get it cheap.

C3 is certainly not perfect, but with the right pairing, playing the right type of songs, it can really bring out some serious magical sound that I have not experience before from my other daps (Shanling M3, Hifiman HM650, alien, modded fiio x3).

The C3 is $50.00 US on Aliexpress right now, what other music player in that price range is equal to or better than this? I just bought a Benjie S5 for $25.00 US and I wonder if I should have doubled the amount I spent and bought the Colorfly C3 instead? Has anyone compared the S5 and C3 together?

How does the C3 compare to the sound of the Walnut v2?

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #2,954 of 3,325
  The C3 is $50.00 US on Aliexpress right now, what other music player in that price range is equal to or better than this? I just bought a Benjie S5 for $25.00 US and I wonder if I should have doubled the amount I spent and bought the Colorfly C3 instead? Has anyone compared the S5 and C3 together?

How does the C3 compare to the sound of the Walnut v2?

get yourself a C3 just for the experience. $50 sounds well cheap. it sounds more refined that the benjie s5 which sounds cold and metallic at high volume to my ears at least. they both benefit from an amp IMO , topping NX1 suits them both fine but the sq of the colorfly defo better  i think. just can be an exercise in patience with the UI. 

join the club, go for it !

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2,955 of 3,325

get yourself a C3 just for the experience. $50 sounds well cheap. it sounds more refined that the benjie s5 which sounds cold and metallic at high volume to my ears at least. they both benefit from an amp IMO , topping NX1 suits them both fine but the sq of the colorfly defo better  i think. just can be an exercise in patience with the UI. 

join the club, go for it !

A Colorfly C3 is $65.00 Canadian, My Benjie S5 was $30 CAN. I also bought the Topping NX1A for $47.I'll give it some thought! Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back