Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 4, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #2,371 of 3,325
You know, some doof...er... poster over in the Pono area accused me of having a financial interest in people buying the Pono.  Pish tosh.  

But looking at these posts, I wonder how much money Unca H20 generated for all of these companies.  I think we need an investigation, some sort of hearing, maybe a witchhunt. 
devil_face.gif

First the C3, then the amp, then a better interconnect, then better iems, and then whoosh, off to the races.  

Actually, I think we should all thank him (and a few trustworthy others- you know who you are, Brooko and Loquah) for steering us noobs in good directions for devices that suit our needs and desires.  Without them we'd all still be listening with our phones and Apple earbuds.  Or, gasp, Beats.  

Thanks, guys.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,372 of 3,325
  You know, some doof...er... poster over in the Pono area accused me of having a financial interest in people buying the Pono.  Pish tosh.  

But looking at these posts, I wonder how much money Unca H20 generated for all of these companies.  I think we need an investigation, some sort of hearing, maybe a witchhunt. 
devil_face.gif

First the C3, then the amp, then a better interconnect, then better iems, and then whoosh, off to the races.  

Actually, I think we should all thank him (and a few trustworthy others- you know who you are, Brooko and Loquah) for steering us noobs in good directions for devices that suit our needs and desires.  Without them we'd all still be listening with our phones and Apple earbuds.  Or, gasp, Beats.  

Thanks, guys.

I'll second that. He convinced me to get the C3 and the BH2 and it was off to the races from there. I now have a box of unused iPods sitting in my basement thanks to him.
gs1000.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,373 of 3,325
You know, there are lots of people over at the Pono threads arguing that a Pono is no better than an iPod.  Maybe you should mosey on over there and see if you can sell a few.  
rolleyes.gif

Or maybe BUY a Pono.  I hear I get a percentage if you do.  (Where's my check, Neil!!!??)

Edit- THIS is how he does it        http://www.head-fi.org/t/751750/i-cant-make-up-my-mind

Poor suckers won't know what hit them in a year.  Living under a tarp by a freeway overpass listening to great sounding music.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #2,374 of 3,325
Its about cutting you guys some corners, when I was a noob no-one showed me the way, sharing that information is what matters. And it goes to show what a capable little player C3 is, in some ways it conditions you with its quirky UI for other Chinese players while giving you a good taste of 'audiophille' sound quality, a nice change from an iPod. There are better players on the market today from a UI perspective, FiiO X1 being a good example, the cheaper XDuoo X2 another, but for us to be here having a little C3 reunion and the Colorfly product continuing to survive speaks for itself. Like I said, you would be very surprised how well C3 keeps up with an iBasso DX50 or DX90 on a technical level, technical meaning soundstage, separation, clarity and just that good essence or atmosphere a Colorfly unit emits.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #2,375 of 3,325
Yeah, it does.  I just can't see the damn screen!!!  That's why I moved up.

Of course now you are pushing a screenless player.  
deadhorse.gif

Can't wait for you to try a Pono.  Balanced mode with the A83.  And Moon Audio cable, of course.  C'mon, you know you want one.  

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2,376 of 3,325
  Yeah, it does.  I just can't see the damn screen!!!  That's why I moved up.

Of course now you are pushing a screenless player.  
deadhorse.gif

Can't wait for you to try a Pono.  Balanced mode with the A83.  And Moon Audio cable, of course.  C'mon, you know you want one.  

Even more interesting an Alien / Pono shootout.
devil_face.gif

I'm honestly done with sources atm so no Pono for me, I need one more (just one more) IEM for DX90 and I'm in peace.

For about one week before the addiction takes over again.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #2,377 of 3,325
IMO the c3 is still killing it.I tried all the fiio and the dx50 and for under 300 bucks I'll still go with the c3. And there was a time I had to convince H20 to get one and he was so skeptical about it. He. on tyhe other hand, was the reason to get a bh and while I've always been against the c3+bh combo, I probably have anot 10k hours with the bh on my work rig with the hifimediy sabre DAC and jvc s500. I'm the opposite to H20 though - I'm done with iems (aside from review units) for the time being but I am pretty interested in the new lotoo paw and going balanced for a change.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #2,378 of 3,325
  IMO the c3 is still killing it.I tried all the fiio and the dx50 and for under 300 bucks I'll still go with the c3. And there was a time I had to convince H20 to get one and he was so skeptical about it. He. on tyhe other hand, was the reason to get a bh and while I've always been against the c3+bh combo, I probably have anot 10k hours with the bh on my work rig with the hifimediy sabre DAC and jvc s500. I'm the opposite to H20 though - I'm done with iems (aside from review units) for the time being but I am pretty interested in the new lotoo paw and going balanced for a change.

Whaaaaaaa??? Done because you're happy with the iems you have? Or because you're getting into headphones? Or because you're tired of waiting for vsonic? (kidding on the last one).

Oh, and thanks for getting another high priced looking dap onto my radar lol. How much is that thing going to cost?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/744346/introducing-lotoo-paw-gold

And what's the deal about "going balanced"? I've managed to remain ignorant, but that should change I suppose.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #2,379 of 3,325

Whaaaaaaa??? Done because you're happy with the iems you have? Or because you're getting into headphones? Or because you're tired of waiting for vsonic? (kidding on the last one).

Oh, and thanks for getting another high priced looking dap onto my radar lol. How much is that thing going to cost?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/744346/introducing-lotoo-paw-gold

And what's the deal about "going balanced"? I've managed to remain ignorant, but that should change I suppose.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I am waiting on an earwerkz supra, which will be quite the looker but yeah, maybe a vsd9, but who am I kidding - if they release a vsd7 I'll probably jump on it too. But the main reason is because I got a new job and don't have much time left even for my current gear, which is extremely ironic given that I can afford a lot more expensive stuff now.
I was talking about the upcoming lotoo paw 5000, which should be about 400 bucks http://www.head-fi.org/t/720512/obscure-chinese-daps/435#post_11206727 . The lotoo paw gold from your quote is $2k+ and kind of a brick.
Well, balanced is supposed to bring better control and separation and reduce crosstalk and overall squeeze out some extra performance

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #2,380 of 3,325
  Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I am waiting on an earwaxz supra, which will be quite the looker but yeah, maybe a vsd9, but who am I kidding - if they release a vsd7 I'll probably jump on it too. But the main reason is because I got a new job and don't have much time left even for my current gear, which is extremely ironic given that I can afford a lot more expensive stuff now.
I was talking about the upcoming lotoo paw 5000, which should be about 400 bucks http://www.head-fi.org/t/720512/obscure-chinese-daps/435#post_11206727 . The lotoo paw gold from your quote is $2k+ and kind of a brick.
Well, balanced is supposed to bring better control and separation and reduce crosstalk and overall squeeze out some extra performance

What the heck is an "earwaxz supra"? Is that some kind of a good looking syringe for the ears? I'll have to check that out! 

I know I know, I'm incredibly funny. Ok, here we go:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor

Huh, that does look rather fantastic. I've managed to stay fairly ignorant of customs as well and I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm not going to ask any more questions about them :)

That lotoo paw 5000 at $400 is more in my ballpark (pricewise and sizewise). Very cool - thanks.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2,381 of 3,325

What the heck is an "earwaxz supra"? Is that some kind of a good looking syringe for the ears? I'll have to check that out! 

I know I know, I'm incredibly funny. Ok, here we go:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor

Huh, that does look rather fantastic. I've managed to stay fairly ignorant of customs as well and I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm not going to ask any more questions about them :)

I actually went for the universal version. Getting a universal iem that is customized to your liking is not something one usually gets a chance to do.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #2,382 of 3,325

Indeed, I was so adapted to using EQ and Cowon enhancements the thought of being locked out of EQ was taunting. 

So in some regards C3 was also the player that made me start listening flat permanently. 

Even on Cowon J3 now, I don't use any enhancements.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #2,383 of 3,325
Same here... Uncle H20 showed me the way. He's the Oracle and we're his Neo's.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2,385 of 3,325
Have anyone paired Meelectronics M-Duo IEMs with C3? I recently ordered M-Duos as upgrade to my Sennheiser CX 300 II. Hopefully C3 will drive them well as I don't have portable amp (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back