Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,356 of 3,325
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,357 of 3,325
X1 is a hundred bucks.  X3 is $169.  The X3 v2 is going to use the same chip that's in the X1 with some other stuff.  Might be worth waiting for, or not.  Depends how much of a hurry you are in to buy a DAP.  

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,358 of 3,325
Hadn't listened to my C3 for a while, it's been neglected latley, what with the DX90, Alien and S:Flo2 here. I'd been using DX90 quite a bit with the Dunu Titan 1 (very capable half in-ear doing the rounds atm). Anyway, dusted off the C3 and it was immediately apparent the soundstage width advantage C3 has over the iBasso still, and the separation still keeps up like champ. But.. It hasn't got the detail levels or refinement. It sounds watered down quite a bit, smooth but less potent. She's still a fine DAP though C3, :wink:

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,359 of 3,325
Hadn't listened to my C3 for a while, it's been neglected latley, what with the DX90, Alien and S:Flo2 here. I'd been using DX90 quite a bit with the Dunu Titan 1 (very capable half in-ear doing the rounds atm). Anyway, dusted off the C3 and it was immediately apparent the soundstage width advantage C3 has over the iBasso still, and the separation still keeps up like champ. But.. It hasn't got the detail levels or refinement. It sounds watered down quite a bit, smooth but less potent. She's still a fine DAP though C3,
wink.gif

+1, it really is a great DAP :)

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,360 of 3,325
Hadn't listened to my C3 for a while, it's been neglected latley, what with the DX90, Alien and S:Flo2 here. I'd been using DX90 quite a bit with the Dunu Titan 1 (very capable half in-ear doing the rounds atm). Anyway, dusted off the C3 and it was immediately apparent the soundstage width advantage C3 has over the iBasso still, and the separation still keeps up like champ. But.. It hasn't got the detail levels or refinement. It sounds watered down quite a bit, smooth but less potent. She's still a fine DAP though C3,
wink.gif

Paired up with the Topping NX1 or BH2 easily my favorite toss in the pocket FLAC player. Great for working around the house.

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #2,361 of 3,325
That's how I got sucked into this.  Started getting better iems for my iPhone, then started reading here and got a C3.  Then a BH.  Then it all went to hell.

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #2,362 of 3,325
That's how I got sucked into this.  Started getting better iems for my iPhone, then started reading here and got a C3.  Then a BH.  Then it all went to hell.
LOL! True, true!

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #2,363 of 3,325

Yup. And now we're interested is $700 streaming dap's :wink:

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #2,364 of 3,325
Semi- I'm enjoying my Pono so much I'm not really chomping at the bit over it.  If it sounds like I hope it will, and I can turn off all the extra stuff, and no one else comes out with something that is just a player and sounds as good or better, and..... Then maybe.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,365 of 3,325
I hear ya (except i dont mind that streaming stuff as you know).

It's hard for the pono to get on my radar due to it's shape unfortunately. Maybe if they made it screenless I would bite. :wink:

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,366 of 3,325
It looks like a favorite candy bar of mine.  It could sound like an iPod (oooohhhhh, here it comes) and I wouldn't mind carrying it around.  And you can't misplace it in your house, the yellow is like a beacon.  

The C3 is basically screenless.
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #2,367 of 3,325

This is what I do - drop little baits in the C3 thread waiting for enthusiast noobs, reel them in and off they go, a life of portable audio addiction.

It all starts with C3, then they add C&C BH (or Topping NX1 now), from there the rest is history, only takes 3 months and they're rocking round Head-Fi with Pono players, Fidue A83 and heavily in conversations about 24bit formats, they no longer need my advice further so I come back here and set the trap again.

I could even show you the last person it happened to. Last I heard he was sporting a Tralucent 1Plus2 and RWAK100.

He started with C3, just like you...Gintaras is his name: http://www.head-fi.org/u/354728/gintaras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back