Colorfly C200
Nov 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #106 of 166
hi! hmm i don't think they work at all for c200( i am not sure about c10, you have to wait for the c10 users for advice). If you don't mind the good audio quality and sacrificing the buggy software of the colorfly's DAPs, go ahead and get one of those. If not, i advise you to look for other alternatives :)
I'm all for sound quality, yes! And I don't mind this buggy soft UI and other issues. The thing is, I just need to know who's between them two (C10/C200) can be used as external DAC on my MacBook.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #109 of 166
well, that's sad news =( does it mean that it's useless by all means or, you still can use it somehow? I read about C10 as an external DAC, people saying that you can use it with windows 7(with some magic drivers), but not with 10, and you can use it with linux based OS. So, it isn't work at all or? Thanks.
If there no differences between C200 and C10 (they both useless as DAC for Mac), then I'll buy C200....probably. Thanks for feedback anyway.

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #110 of 166
well, that's sad news =( does it mean that it's useless by all means or, you still can use it somehow? I read about C10 as an external DAC, people saying that you can use it with windows 7(with some magic drivers), but not with 10, and you can use it with linux based OS. So, it isn't work at all or? Thanks.
If there no differences between C200 and C10 (they both useless as DAC for Mac), then I'll buy C200....probably. Thanks for feedback anyway.
music passes through when connected as a dac but it stutters very badly!!

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #111 of 166
music passes through
you're talking about C10 or C200? I think its about C10 as you mentioned above. Thank you sir!
In the end we have: theres no differences between - they are identical speaking about external DAC, both producing laggy sound, or not smooth. Excluding DAC function that useless on both, I'd like to buy C200 instead C10 I think. The UI seems much more analogue view for user, the DAP itself seems more compact, and more stylish in general as for me:) but the wood cover I like too :p
Design of C200 makes me remember old cool movie: "Back to the Future"....feels like DeLorean in your pocket!!! <3
TeamTimeCar.com-BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine-OtoGodfrey.com-JMortonPhoto.com-07.jpg
Gorgeous.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #113 of 166
Colorfly answered that dac won't work on windows 10, only on win 7. That sucks. I'm C3 owner myself aswell, and despite it's lacking ui, it's more solid dap than c200, and mostly just because it doesn't have cut off issue. I actually thought navigating wasn't too difficult despite its small screen even though c200 is alot better in that regard.
Just want to comment on C200 sound :
Having Xi.. X3ii...DX80...and C3 as well...and C200...C200 easily overthrown each one of those...sound wise...the moat transparent natural sound i ve ever heard...
Never regret that purchase....i would easily sell anything else but C200? No way....
Yes it has lots of issues there...
But the loss of approximately 0.5 sec in the beginning of each track is caused by the use of microprocessors instead of CPU and that way was chosen from the cocompanto process sound in order to get the most natural accurate sound it could be there....They just abandoned the UI improvements which was a big step down towards their customer support and a big dissapointment....functionality wise ..lots of stuck issues still occur there...(always carry a toothpick there to reset c200 when stuck issues occurs there) but nevertheless i do not really complain because the sound is just amazing. ...

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #114 of 166
Just want to comment on C200 sound :
Having Xi.. X3ii...DX80...and C3 as well...and C200...C200 easily overthrown each one of those...sound wise...the moat transparent natural sound i ve ever heard...
Never regret that purchase....i would easily sell anything else but C200? No way....
Yes it has lots of issues there...
But the loss of approximately 0.5 sec in the beginning of each track is caused by the use of microprocessors instead of CPU and that way was chosen from the cocompanto process sound in order to get the most natural accurate sound it could be there....They just abandoned the UI improvements which was a big step down towards their customer support and a big dissapointment....functionality wise ..lots of stuck issues still occur there...(always carry a toothpick there to reset c200 when stuck issues occurs there) but nevertheless i do not really complain because the sound is just amazing. ...
How about c200 vs fiio x5ii or c10?

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #116 of 166
So I got myself a used C10 off eBay for £100 (+£15 postage to Germany from the UK.)

Here's my very brief comparison with the C200:

Physical build and UI:
Obviously no contest. The C10 wins hands down. It is a beautiful device to my eyes and also feels much more solid on hand. The wooden back and metal shell is a very good combo. The C200 just feel too much like a prototype. Some nice ideas but not really ready for real-world use. UI-wise the C10 has a much cleaner look. Operationally about the same. I haven't encountered any freeze-up with the C10 in a couple of days of constant use. In contrast, the C200 drives me mad with the constant seize-ups. Also, an important point with the C10 is the cut-offs between tracks is all but gone using line-out, though still very noticeable with the headphone-out.

Sound: (I only use my Final Heaven 7 IEMs.)
I think the two players sound different enough to make it hard to say which one is 'better'. But I must start by saying I think the C10 has a more sophisticated and tighter sound. The reproduction of sound seems to me to be truer. Amazing separation of instruments. Even though things are closer together in comparison to C200 it's somehow more defined. Everything is more 3D-shaped in space.

I mainly use line-out to the C&C BH amp so I'll mainly talk about that. But I think general characteristics apply to the headphone out as well. And as I mentioned above, LO from C10 means no cut-offs. Although still not gapless, it really is a huge plus for me.

The biggest difference between the two to me is the soundstage presentation. The C200 soundstage seems a bit further out away, which is nice. It's a bit less in your head sound. Especially the centre in comparison to C10. With the C10 everything happens around your head. But because the sound is cleaner it seems to extend very well. It depends more on the recordings to sound good.

People tend to describe C10 as warmer, I think I would agree to a certain extent. I think maybe it's flatter in comparison to C200. I think C200 is very slightly more U-shaped.

Both players produce organic dynamic sound. I read on the C10 thread some say it sounds more digital in comparison to C200, I don't feel that's the case myself. Just different sound signatures. C10 has a smooth but detailed sound.

-----

So, in conclusion, I am very happy with the C10. While I like the soundstage presentation of the C200, everything else I prefer what C10 has to offer.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #120 of 166
Hmmm...i really consider buying one.
Is the USB DAC and Gapless implemented now?
I read the change log from the firmware, they didn't mention it.
Colorfly says that usb dac works on win 7, but not on win 10 (which I can confirm personally). Gapless isn't supported either. And referring to email reply from Colorfly when I asked about firmware update It seems like there won't be firmware update anymore and those features are not going to be implemented at all, ever. Quite a shame, and therefore I would recommend some other dap, except of course if you don't mind those features. Afterall it does sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back