Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Feb 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #332 of 397
Also, some "internal hardware" and comparison with other "same" (well, not the same actually) model(were found on the web);
just look how they're different! Really, great handmade job! Every unit is unique. 21622-1-sht-2-sht-5-sht-10-sht-100-novyj-originalnyj-klmbg4gend-b031-bga-pamjati-emmc32g-pamjati.jpg2BA5358E-ABCE-4318-AD3D-7AACB0EAD3DB.jpg1D3A8055-CD7F-4B48-B2F3-FA5DFB6E2687.jpgB5BB96D7-E3CF-4C45-8F4E-EACA9557148D.jpg36F490F5-4E76-429C-A517-04D90254CD40.jpgB0E76C33-A995-4F02-A40C-C6A71744709C.jpg

Already wondering about mods..... :)

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #333 of 397
Anyone has USB DAC feature worked on win 10? Method from juStmEetmeAGaIn didn't work for me, the driver says succesfully installed but didn't appear after that.. Any other USB DAC driver worked on win 10 beside asio?

May 10, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #334 of 397
Anyone has USB DAC feature worked on win 10? Method from juStmEetmeAGaIn didn't work for me, the driver says succesfully installed but didn't appear after that.. Any other USB DAC driver worked on win 10 beside asio?
Don’t know about windows 10, but it should work also. Unfortunately as I may know, there’s no other drivers at this moment. Only this un-official one. About my driver: it shouldn’t appear always, just try to use your C10 as a source in windows sound settings( after all instructions is done properly). You can choose there with which source the sound should go and pass. If there no such option, well....you did something wrong:)

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #335 of 397
As I mentioned before, you may have try several times STEPS 3 and 4, it’s not so easy:) maybe becoz of that you can’t see your installed driver becoz you didn’t catch up your C10 in windows device manager fast and so, installed it wrong. Anyway, maybe you can installing virtual machine and try to mess around with it using other OS for safe....Good luck.

P.S. does anybody know something about new DAC from Colorfly? It’s called something like U8.....but still no big news about this beastie. Sad.

May 10, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #336 of 397
Don’t know about windows 10, but it should work also. Unfortunately as I may know, there’s no other drivers at this moment. Only this un-official one. About my driver: it shouldn’t appear always, just try to use your C10 as a source in windows sound settings( after all instructions is done properly). You can choose there with which source the sound should go and pass. If there no such option, well....you did something wrong:)
I use another asio driver 64 bit with exactly pgswurm inf tho, the driver you shared is 32 bit and my PC is 64 bit sadly (forgot to mention it on prev comment), when install the 32 one it failed because incompatible
Also i already succeded step 3 & 4, it just after i succeded on step 6, no new driver appeared
Will try again man, thanx

May 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #337 of 397
I use another asio driver 64 bit with exactly pgswurm inf tho, the driver you shared is 32 bit and my PC is 64 bit sadly (forgot to mention it on prev comment), when install the 32 one it failed because incompatible
Also i already succeded step 3 & 4, it just after i succeded on step 6, no new driver appeared
Will try again man, thanx

Oh well....sounds sad:frowning2:
This might be the only problem for you. Your type OS
I Cannot help you with 64bit driver. I wish I could, but I don’t have another laptop with installed 64bit Windows OS. To re-build something in this driver-it should be testing properly with 64bit windows. And I don’t have it. This is the only right way how I can check it if it’s working good.
But again, just for experiment - you can install 32bit system using virtual machine- just to be sure this is the 64bit issue.
Maybe it worth trying. Good luck!

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #338 of 397
Oh well....sounds sad:frowning2:
This might be the only problem for you. Your type OS
I Cannot help you with 64bit driver. I wish I could, but I don’t have another laptop with installed 64bit Windows OS. To re-build something in this driver-it should be testing properly with 64bit windows. And I don’t have it. This is the only right way how I can check it if it’s working good.
But again, just for experiment - you can install 32bit system using virtual machine- just to be sure this is the 64bit issue.
Maybe it worth trying. Good luck!
NP, seems virtual machine didn't guarantee driver to worked too. Will try if i have spare time. Thanx for making the guide tho

May 15, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #339 of 397
I just tested installing my Colorfly C200 as dac for my IBM T60 thinkpad running 32bit Windows 10 with tutorial and driver provided by @juStmEatmeAGain, and I can report it's indeed working on Windows 10. There's still that already reported BEEP sound every 30-40 seconds, coming from headphone port and line-out as well. Other than that, DAC function seems to be quite solid. Volume is still adjusted from Colorfly, and it might be handy to set volume steps to 2% before plugging device, so it's faster to operate volume levels when used with Windows.
Thank you and good work @juStmEatmeAGain ! :)

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #340 of 397
Thank you and good work @juStmEatmeAGain ! :)

You welcome pip:)
Unfortunately I don’t have time now to digging it, I'm trying to make my own custom Grado set!:dt880smile:
But I will continue playing with these drivers soon! I mean, sooner or later. Better later than never lol:beerchug:

P.S. ohh, btw does someone having issues with its battery? My C10 sometimes is just showing me abnormal % and drops, like now it's 32%, then its 86% or smwthng like that, and IN THE END it's showing me fully 100% and it dies then ;(( and all this happens just within 10/20mins ***unhappy***. happens only if I'm using it with my monitor speakers. not with HP.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #341 of 397
You welcome pip:)
Unfortunately I don’t have time now to digging it, I'm trying to make my own custom Grado set!:dt880smile:
But I will continue playing with these drivers soon! I mean, sooner or later. Better later than never lol:beerchug:

P.S. ohh, btw does someone having issues with its battery? My C10 sometimes is just showing me abnormal % and drops, like now it's 32%, then its 86% or smwthng like that, and IN THE END it's showing me fully 100% and it dies then ;(( and all this happens just within 10/20mins ***unhappy***. happens only if I'm using it with my monitor speakers. not with HP.

Mine appears to be able last quite long, play numerous albums/tracks for 2 to 3 days (around 4 hrs per day), battery percentage drops very very slowly from 100% to 50% ...and then just suddenly in the red region of less than 10% when I next look.
I think the battery gauge on mine could be off tuning or need re-calibration. But overall, I think battery on mine seems normal and can last about 8 hrs plus /minus..

May 18, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #342 of 397
Mine appears to be able last quite long, play numerous albums/tracks for 2 to 3 days (around 4 hrs per day), battery percentage drops very very slowly from 100% to 50% ...and then just suddenly in the red region of less than 10% when I next look.
I think the battery gauge on mine could be off tuning or need re-calibration. But overall, I think battery on mine seems normal and can last about 8 hrs plus /minus..

Yes!!! This! THIS!! Darn....this is exactly my case! It works well, at least 8/12 hrs running like a champ pairing with my grados, and in the end battery indicator slowly moving to 45/50%, and then dies after 20 or 30 minutes :frowning2:
Why is that? Any Thoughts? Maybe our units are just defective? Or do they have some faulty batteries?.... that’s sad for the 300$DAP :frowning2:
Now I even not trying to discharge it’s battery bcoz it scares the schiit out of me lol

Btw thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #343 of 397
Yes!!! This! THIS!! Darn....this is exactly my case! It works well, at least 8/12 hrs running like a champ pairing with my grados, and in the end battery indicator slowly moving to 45/50%, and then dies after 20 or 30 minutes :frowning2:
Why is that? Any Thoughts? Maybe our units are just defective? Or do they have some faulty batteries?.... that’s sad for the 300$DAP :frowning2:
Now I even not trying to discharge it’s battery bcoz it scares the schiit out of me lol

Btw thanks for the reply.

The DAP has no problem playing tracks after tracks and the battery can last at around 8 hrs or more, so both should be working well except that the battery gauge on our units are calibrated wrongly.
I would not worry too much on these.
Just observe and understand the pattern, take safety measures like charge every 2 or 3 days.
And enjoy listening :)

May 19, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #345 of 397
P.S. does anybody know something about new DAC from Colorfly? It’s called something like U8.....but still no big news about this beastie. Sad.

The u8 is a high-end DAP no just a DAC. Should be released any day now. Price will be circa 1000 bucks. You can find a bunch of photos and some videos on colorfly's weibo page. btw, there is a new bluetooth DAC on penon I know nothing about. Didn't even know it was coming out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back