Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Jun 6, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #361 of 397
the update file wont work unless its saved on the internal memory, follow the instruction here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171107211148/http://www.colorfly.net/downloadc10.html

im not sure if i provided the latest version(i think it is tho), however if anyone else downloaded the latest firmeware too please share here for possible future owners

Thank you for the link. I was in the dark on how to update the software.

I think I might actually have the most recent firmware. In system information it says: Version JTCC-439860-C1028, DATE 20160721.

But for some reason the file I downloaded from the Chinese website is in a folder labelled - C10_20160722 .

Is this an even newer firmware?

I found it here: https://www.colorfly.net/down.aspx

(It's a little slow to load)

try to delete artworks first:) and every other non audio file in your album folder. Ive had many albums with artworks -they're all kept freeze until I figure out why. so I deleted every picture, and freezes are gone.
it helps a lot. if not-then it’s the album issue. I also have had few albums. they were something like "broken", so I re-downloaded them from the web and it was fixed.

So far, no more freezes... now, the only thing I wish it could do is shuffle through every song in the music library, then it would be perfect. Sometimes, I don't know what music I'm in the mood for, so I like to let the DAP decide.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #362 of 397
Hi all!
I slightly modified C10 - added capacitors (1000mF 6.3V and 470mF 6.3V) for op amp and 5532 replaced by ad823

attachment.php

now the vocals are very good (detailed and soft), bass - deep and dense

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #363 of 397
Hi all!
I slightly modified C10 - added capacitors (1000mF 6.3V and 470mF 6.3V) for op amp and 5532 replaced by ad823

attachment.php

now the vocals are very good (detailed and soft), bass - deep and dense

That sounds great! How about the soundstage? Any improvement?

Also any possibility of uploading step-by-step instructions with pictures? And where did you buy the new parts (in Europe?)?
I have never done any mod. But I'm keen to modify the C10 if it's manageable for a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I have been using an amp with the C10 since I've got it. And that improves the sound a lot. But it's clumsy. I mostly use the player on the road so it would be fantastic to not have to bring along the amp.)

Aug 2, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #365 of 397
Joybuy.com is now having flash deal on C10 at USD$129, ending in 4 days time!!!
Bought mine at USD$144 during their previous sales.
For sound alone, I have to say this is a very good buy.

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #366 of 397
That sounds great! How about the soundstage? Any improvement?

Also any possibility of uploading step-by-step instructions with pictures? And where did you buy the new parts (in Europe?)?
I have never done any mod. But I'm keen to modify the C10 if it's manageable for a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I have been using an amp with the C10 since I've got it. And that improves the sound a lot. But it's clumsy. I mostly use the player on the road so it would be fantastic to not have to bring along the amp.)

The midrange was tightened. Vocals sound smoother and closer. Low frequencies are more dense.

Step by step:
buy two capacitors and AD823AAZ.
Unscrew the screws at the edges of the player
remove the wooden cover
remove metal housing enclosing amplifiers
It is desirable to disconnect the battery from the board
replace n5532 with AD823
turn on the player, check the operation
switch off
if there are problems, check the quality of soldering
solder two capacitors according to the picture

Collect and enable

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #369 of 397
The midrange was tightened. Vocals sound smoother and closer. Low frequencies are more dense.

Step by step:
buy two capacitors and AD823AAZ.
Unscrew the screws at the edges of the player
remove the wooden cover
remove metal housing enclosing amplifiers
It is desirable to disconnect the battery from the board
replace n5532 with AD823
turn on the player, check the operation
switch off
if there are problems, check the quality of soldering
solder two capacitors according to the picture

Collect and enable

Few questions here, hope you can help to explain:
1. The capacitors 1000uF 6.3V x2 qty and 470uF 6.3V x2 qty are additional add-on meant for the new op amp?
How do you settle for the above capacitors' values? So currently (from factory), these spaces are originally left empty?
2. Reason for choosing AD823?
3. Was this mod originally from yourself or you read from somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #370 of 397
So, you replaced the opamp in here? Why the need to change the capacitors? Just curious as to what change that makes.

Yes, i replaced the opamp ti 5532. You no need to change the capacitors, need add two capacitors. This gives: less bright HF, softer and natural vocal, bass more detailed.

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #371 of 397
"puppyfi"
Few questions here, hope you can help to explain:
1. The capacitors 1000 uF 6.3V x1 qty and 470 - 1000 uF 6.3V x1 qty are additional add-on meant? -- Yes
How do you settle for the above capacitors' values? -- by analogy with expensive DACs
So currently (from factory), these spaces are originally left empty? -- Yes
2. Reason for choosing AD823? -- I lacked MF, I took more than 12 OpAmp and picked up the right one. Its replacement is optional!
3. Was this mod originally from yourself or you read from somewhere? -- Its my mod. Several people repeated it - everyone liked it.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #372 of 397
Yes, i replaced the opamp ti 5532. You no need to change the capacitors, need add two capacitors. This gives: less bright HF, softer and natural vocal, bass more detailed.
Thanks for your efforts, I am thinking to do the same, because I am missing low frequencies a lot. Will your mod give much more power to bass? Or how much will it give?

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #373 of 397
Hi, just dropping in in order to understand (as posted also on another thread more or less in the same way), my question is: is it still "ok" to think about a C4 Pro when C10 costs way far less, and even C200 is one fourth of its value (used!)?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back