Colorado meet on 4/2/2005
Mar 9, 2005 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Tyson

Headphoneus Supremus
Everyone interested, please reply here, and I'll PM you directions to my place. Also, please list any/all gear you are going to bring. I have:

Headphones
AKG K271s (modded and with headphile cable)
BeyerDynamic 250-250
Audio Technica a900's (modded)

Amps
Radii HAP-05 - dual output (with OTL output and transformer output)
PPA
X-Cans V2 (heavily modded)

Scotch
If anyone likes a good single malt, I've got plenty to offer
smily_headphones1.gif

Food
Let me know what your food preferences are. We can order in, or I can whip something up (I'm not bad in the kitchen).

Mar 9, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 22
i will have a modded emu 0404 by then. in fact, i might have two of them. one with ad8620, and one with opa627's. my thought was to mod two cards and sell the one i like the least, but perhaps i could do this first. would be an interesting face off if someone else could donate a pc that i could use for the source for one of the cards. A/B souncard challenge is something you hardly ever see: never heard of anyone A/Bing two of the same soundcards with different mods, especially one this popular.

mods:
bridge output caps
remove output buffers
opamp replacement
capacitor replacement with (still deciding - pana's or blackgates or well, something else)

i have no more headphones though, only speakers now
eek.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 22
Here is my tentative gear list:

Headphones
AKG K271 Studio w/ self-made replacement cable
Sony MDR-E829V earbuds (for my portable system)

Amps
Singlepower PPX3 w/ RCA blackplate and cleartop tubes
Xin SuperMicro

Sources
Sony D-14 CD player
Motorola MPx200 cellphone
(My E-Mu 0404 is not practical to bring along since it would involve taking my whole computer)

Cables
AX100 1.5M RCA-RCA prototype
RadioShack Fusion 6' RCA-RCA
Headphile 1M RCA-mini silver CPU series
Cardas HPI 6" mini-mini
Bolder Cables Type II 6' power cable

I'll also be bringing along most of my modest CD collection.

Mar 14, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 22
well, not sure what happened to all the previous folks, but this seems to be a bust. anyway, i live in boulder, and i can always bring stuff to someone's house or you can come here and we can have a mini-meet for the heck of it just to hang and listen and eat sor t of thing. would be more mellow than a big group anyway (on the bright side of things). i may have modded my t-amp by than and may have paradigm atoms, and i have pc source, so i can't move much of that though

Mar 14, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 22
That's cool, if it's just us 3, we can have a mini meet, which is still a lot of fun.

Mar 15, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 22
Where do you live in Denver? Im just getting into the DIY thing, (ie. I only have a Cmoy and some Ety's) but I would love to go and hear some higher end amps, as I'm trying to decide on what to build next.

Headphones:
Etymotic ER-6
random Sonys

Source:
Denon DVD-2200
Ipod

Amp:
Cmoy

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 22
I'm 2 miles from Downtown Denver. Just PM me and I'll send you directions.

Mar 15, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 22
You guys ought to check with Mikhail to see if he can set you up with some SinglePower amps to demo. I'd love to come, but time is really scarce at the moment. My brother lives in Loveland, and I make it out every 2-3 years, always wishing it were more often. Maybe next time.

Mar 15, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #10 of 22
I am in Broomfield,

Phones:
Sennheiser HD650
Grado SR-125
Shure E2c (super softies
etysmile.gif
)

Amps:
Xin superMacro w/ switches

Sources:
E-Mu 0404
Sonica Theater USB
iPod 3G

Cables:
DIY of all sorts mostly Starquad and Canare based

Any time/place, can't let all them Chi/NYC folks have all the fun.

thaX

Mar 24, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #11 of 22
I just found this thread - I guess I thought the arrangements would all appear in the original thread, to which I was subscribed, and when I heard nothing further, I figured the meet wasn't going to happen.
blink.gif
So, I made an appointment to have my vehicle worked on on 04/02.
frown.gif

I have the following amps: SinglePower MPX3 (I have a PPX3, too, but donovansmith is already bringing this amp; ) a JMT-built Meta42 maxed-out amp; a SuperMini v. 3; and a JMT-built CHA47 portable amp.

I have the following headphones: Sennheisser HD590; ATH Sovereign W1000; Sennheiser HD650 (with the Zu-Mobius cable, so this may be different from thax's pair; ) Senn PX200; Koss KSC-35; Sony MDR-CD3000 with headphile quilted mable and silver cable mods;ATH-A900 (unmodded, so they can be compared to Tyson's modded set.)

And I have the following portable sources: Sony D25S PCDP; Panasonic CT570 PCDP.

I would love to come to this meet, but could only do so in the afternoon, because of my auto service appointment. What is the schedule, Tyson? If the meet is over before 1 PM, I guess I won't make it - and I really wanted to try out a good "newbie" whiskey, too!

Holly

Mar 24, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 22
How about we do it from 1pm to 5pm, I should have the run of the place, as my wife works till 5. I'll pm everyone with my address now, so you can mapquest it, along w/my phone # in case you get lost or need help getting there.

Mar 27, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 22
Damn I'm really considering driving 8 hours from Omaha, Nebraska for this because I really enjoy headphones and single malt scotch. Is this just going to be on Saturday from 1-5pm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back