Colorado meet at Westone (CO Springs) 2007MAY05
May 9, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #46 of 57
Holly, you can borrow the MS-1s if you like, I can bring them in to work, and you could pick them up?

May 10, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #47 of 57
Ah it's good seeing pics of Mikhail/Powerhound and Ray again
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holly, you can borrow the MS-1s if you like, I can bring them in to work, and you could pick them up?

That would be way cool, Craig. Let me know when you could bring them in and I can stop by to pick them up. PM me!

Hey - did Doug ever announce who won the door prize? I never heard anything more about it, so obviously I wasn't the lucky one.
plainface.gif

Holly

May 10, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #49 of 57
So would you say the UM3's are a BETTER IEM or just a different flavor, for those who listen to club music (hip hop, trance, electronic...)? Bass is baotloads deeper(when I say boatloads, I'm talking night and day different), or just slightly?

I found many of the reviews on here described different amps of the same manufacturer were said to better than the other, but when I heard said amps, they all sounded the same, but with slightly different nuances, nothing really dramatic to say one was "better" than the other, maybe just a SLIGHTLY different flavor of the same.

May 10, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would you say the UM3's are a BETTER IEM or just a different flavor, for those who listen to club music (hip hop, trance, electronic...)? Bass is baotloads deeper(when I say boatloads, I'm talking night and day different), or just slightly?

I found many of the reviews on here described different amps of the same manufacturer were said to better than the other, but when I heard said amps, they all sounded the same, but with slightly different nuances, nothing really dramatic to say one was "better" than the other, maybe just a SLIGHTLY different flavor of the same.

Ohh .. .loaded question. I would say they are more refined in the full sound spectrum. Yes they hit hard and low. I've has Tiesto, Oakenfold, Van Burren and many others give them a run for the money and they kept the bass tight and full (for my tastes).

May 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #52 of 57
So you say they have a PUNCH in the low end AND can go lower? Or can they just handle the lower frequencies(without the punch), ala HD650.

I dunno, I'm HARD PRESSED to find IEMS that do trance, hip hop and rock better than a UM2....when I say better, I'm talking about the main attributes in those genres, PUNCH and BASS. Many have one or the other, but I've found the UM2 has both, especially with the right amp...

May 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ladies and Gentlemen would Mr. CraigLester please come on down !

You just won yourself a set of the Westone 3 !!!

Good for you, Craig!
biggrin.gif

Holly

May 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ladies and Gentlemen would Mr. CraigLester please come on down !

You just won yourself a set of the Westone 3 !!!

Thank you thank you thank you.

I shall put them to plenty of use that's for sure!

I'd like to thank everyone at westone, ray samuels amd mikhail for a great day at westone last weekend. This really is quite a surprise, but a very welcome one
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I say thank you yet?

Edit: My co workers must think i'm nuts - I'm grinning from ear to ear here! Stoked!

May 11, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

I'd like to thank everyone at westone, ray samuels amd mikhail for a great day at westone last weekend. This really is quite a surprise, but a very welcome one
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I say thank you yet?

Edit: My co workers must think i'm nuts - I'm grinning from ear to ear here! Stoked!

Congrats, Dude!

May 11, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Did I say thank you yet?

Awesome! High five!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back