Colorado meet at Westone (CO Springs) 2007MAY05
May 8, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your well thought out impressions, Donovan.

My woodied "HD650s" aren't really HD650s - I guess you didn't hear me when I was talking about this. Larry of Headphile used the headband and "casing" of the HD650s, but the drivers are HD600s. I guess this means you still don't really like the sound of the stock HD650s! My stock HD650s were used by Mikhail with his SDS-XLR amp; he attached the balanced cable to them. I wish I had had time to listen to them a bit more. I think his amp did indeed enrich the sound of the 650s, but I already liked the headphones anyway.

I guess that explains why they sounded so different
tongue.gif
I do like the HD600 sound more than the HD650. They provide a closer sound to the K271 than most other headphones, and as many know, I very much like my K271. In fact, I actually got the K271 since I wanted a closed can that sounded as close as possible to the HD600!

May 8, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Yep. Orange it is! I also got the set of Rhino cases so that during football season I can use the blue case - blue and orange for the Broncos, of course.
tongue.gif

Holly

Oh boy, the meet made her go mad
rs1smile.gif

And, those pics of Ray with the food are hilarious...I think he really did eat half of it. Hey, Ray, the meet's over here not on the table.

May 8, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #34 of 57
I cannot believe how big those R10's look on me!

May 8, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

...It's amazing how exhausting it is to spend a whole day doing nothing but listening to some great audio with other audiophools!...

QFT, I swear to God, that is so true! And for some reason, I was having an unfortunate and unexpected case of social anxiety disorder
icon10.gif
Oh well.

For those of you that headed back to north, how 'bout that snowstorm on the drive home!!

May 8, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT, I swear to God, that is so true! And for some reason, I was having an unfortunate and unexpected case of social anxiety disorder
icon10.gif
Oh well.

For those of you that headed back to north, how 'bout that snowstorm on the drive home!!

Well, Erica said you were shy!
tongue.gif
Sorry about the timing though - anxiety attacks are definitely not any fun - been there, done that.
frown.gif

Yes, that snow storm was quite unexpected - a blizzard in May.
blink.gif
I'm just thankful that the roadway was warm enough that the snow just melted instead of freezing up. Otherwise, it could have been a very tricky ride home indeed.

Quote:

Oh boy, the meet made her go mad
rs1smile.gif

You have seen my signature, haven't you?
wink.gif
Thank you for bringing your Shuffle just the same - I am going to like my new music gadget very much.

Holly

May 8, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want a pair of R10's to wear around the office! Those things are HUGE!

They are indeed huge - so are the CD-3000s. It must be a Sony thing.
3000smile.gif

As far as wearing them around the office - you could, but you probably wouldn't get much work done - at least when you are totally immersed in the music, you wouldn't notice the stares of your colleagues.
biggrin.gif

Holly

May 8, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

They are indeed huge - so are the CD-3000s. It must be a Sony thing.
3000smile.gif

As far as wearing them around the office - you could, but you probably wouldn't get much work done - at least when you are totally immersed in the music, you wouldn't notice the stares of your colleagues.
biggrin.gif

Holly

Where would Nick find a pair of those for sale?

May 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #41 of 57
I'd say Head-Fi is probably your best bet, but they don't come up for sale very often. And they're hella expensive.
frown.gif

May 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Well, Erica said you were shy!
tongue.gif
Sorry about the timing though - anxiety attacks are definitely not any fun - been there, done that.
frown.gif

Well it wasn't that bad, I just wasn't exactly the life of the party that day...

May 9, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Well it wasn't that bad, I just wasn't exactly the life of the party that day...

That's good, then.
rs1smile.gif

Have you decided to save up for the RS1s? I didn't have a chance to hear your SR-80s - for some reason I was looking for an adaptor so I could use them with my SQ-84 amp, but I should have just tried them out with my Nano set up. Hopefully this will happen next time!

Holly

May 9, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #44 of 57
Holly, you brought up a good point. What's on your shopping list post-meet?
I adored Ray's balanced PS-1, but that's a ways in my future. Mikhail also offerred me an amazing deal on his squarewave prototype, but again, way in my future.

Immediately, I'm looking for a pair of westone3 and a hornet, probably in red. Holly's SQ-84 was also very nice, and I could indulge my speaker hobby as well. How about you other attendees? What's on the list?

May 9, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #45 of 57
The SQ-84 is a great tube amp, Tyler, for a simple two channel system; I use mine in my computer room with a pair of Cain & Cain Noogi speakers and a Consonance Droplet CD player. Wonderful sound, IMHO. The headphone out section is also very good, as you heard at the meet.

My wish list now includes the Westone 3s (with custom ear molds,) and Mikhail's Mini headphone tube amp - I'd love to have use of that in my sun room. Of course, this all depends on price and Mikhail wasn't sure when the Mini amp would be in production. I already ordered the Shuffle, after hearing Dustin's at the meet, so I actually got to cross out something on my list! I am also considering the MS-1; I wish I had had more time to listen to Craig's pair, but there was just so much stuff there to listen to, I felt like a butterfly or bee, flitting from one flower to the next!!

I wouldn't mind getting the PS-1 or RS-1, either, but the PS-1 is hard to find, and both are probably too expensive for me. And then there's the R-10, but that is just a pipe dream.

O.K., I want one of everything that everyone else had at the meet.
tongue.gif

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back