Colorado anyone?
Feb 21, 2004 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

uosux

100+ Head-Fier
Although I've noticed a person or two from Colorado, are there anymore? Since getting interested in hi-fi stuff, I've noticed that Colorado is completely lacking.

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 13
I know there's a few of us that are in the Denver area. Almost a dozen people showed up for the Denver meet back in September. Wayne from Bolder Cables, which is in Littleton, and Mikhail from Singlepower were at that meet so there are some audio manufacturers around here too.

Feb 22, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 13
In Denver I think Listen Up may be the biggest. They sell Senns and Grados. I thought 00940 or OakIris mentioned a store in Boulder that also had a decent selection of headphones, but I'm not sure. This is definately not a headphone hi-fi friendly area.

Feb 22, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 13
note to self

"don't move to colorado"

wink.gif

Feb 22, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 13
I lived in Colorado for a year, untill the US gov kicked me out...

I guess Colorado is a littile dead hifi-wise.

There's some great cd shops though. If you havent already checked Second Spin out, do so. They got really cheap second hand cds. As far as i remeber they're located in both Denver and Boulder.

The big stores is downtown Boulder - Circute city, compUSA, Soundtrack and Target - dosent have a very good selection in hifi equitment and especially not in headphone equitment. There's a guitare shop somewhere in Boulder or Denver, I think, they might have some good stuff, but I don't know as I haven't check it out.

You could also check out flatirons, there's some *kindda* hifi shops like.... Bose. They got a real cool preview room, and me and my frind would always visit it whenever we was @ flatirons. There's also a RatShack and a Sharp Image store out there. And the LoveSack, I can't think of any thing more comfy to enjoy music in. Unfortuantly I dont have a LoveSack myself....

I guess you gotta be able to find some hifi related stuff somewhere, but I cant really think of *the shop.* Maby there's something @ campus...

Cheers
- Rasmus

BTW: how's the Buff doing this year? In Basketball?

Feb 22, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 13
There's a shop on Pearl Street, in Boulder, that has the whole grado line. That's about it in the Boulder area afaik.

And how are the Buffs doing this year in football ? Did they beat CSU this year ?

Feb 22, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
note to self

"don't move to colorado"

wink.gif

Well what's in Connecticut that's so great? Yeah, that's what I thought
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Oh yeah, that reminds me of Cheapo Discs. Great place to buy used CDs in Denver and Lakewood, they have a few locations in both. And Twist&Shout is really good for independent stuff. They are on Alameda and Lincoln.

But equipment-wise, I think everything has been listed.

Feb 23, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 13
Unfortunately, if the shop 00940 is referring to is/was Recycled Audio on Pearl between 16th and 17th, they're no longer around. Too bad, because I only live two blocks from there and enjoyed poping in every now and then. It's where I bought my SR60's.

If you're shopping for music in Boulder don't miss Bart's on Pearl, and Second Spin, Wax Trax and Albums on the Hill...well...on the hill.

Oh, and if amazing mountains, beautiful women and great weather aren't your style you should definitely not move to Colorado ; )

Cheers,

M

Feb 23, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by mawgrim
Oh, and if amazing mountains, beautiful women and great weather aren't your style you should definitely not move to Colorado ; )

I wanna go back
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 13
Grado in Colorado? Cologrado!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by mawgrim

I miss Colorado too. Where's our Cu result. I dont wanna go to the Cameras site to check it out. I dont like the Camera. Does anyone got any pics from CU men's bball games? I love Blairs shoot... just perfect!

I agree on the amazing mountains and great weather part, but I saw more beautiful women in the bay (Littile Itally in SF, I think) then I've ever seen before. Well maby except my current school
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back