Cologne-fi
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #316 of 436
Quote:
Chrome is nice, although the cognoscenti don't seem to like it so much. Chicks seem to dig it.
My main cologne is Cartier Declaration, which again has some mixed reviews but seems to work for me. Nice and light. Also have and wear Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Creed Green Irish Tweed, and Terre D'Hermes on occasion, in that order.

Out of the three I use, girls by far love the Givenchy Gold Pi the most

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #317 of 436
I'm a huge fan of fragrances, as much as I am of audio (that's slowly changing) 
biggrin.gif
,instead of listing one or two I'll do something that we call a starting lineup/ what do you wear for each ocasion, I'm stoked to find this thread here :p

Signature scent (what you use most, describes you best): Chanel Platinum Egoiste/ Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Work scent (I'll list school scent): Platinum Egoiste

Night out/ date: Dior Homme Intense

Upper Class: Dior Homme/ E.B/P.E

daring scent: Guerlain Shalimar (I'm a male teenager)

Meditative scent (I'm making this one up lol) :Lush beathe of God

overall favorites: Serge Lutens Chergui and Hermes Ambre Narguile

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #319 of 436
I also quite enjoy Chrome :p

My latest acquisition is the Banana Republic Classic.  Yep, I really really really like my citrus scents - but not the Hermes eau d'orange verte, which is just too "literally" orange.

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #323 of 436
Thread bump and small talk: I acquired the original (non-platinum) Chanel Egoiste as my main scent.

Wanting something that smells expensive, and half-eyeing the controversial Bleu de Chanel,  I had the opportunity to go down to a duty free store and sampled 20, maybe 30 scents. The Egoiste was the only one that didn't fade after an afternoon.

Contenders that almost made it:
YSL's La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne (out of production)
Lacoste L12.12 Noir (too much iso E super when I've got a bottle at home)
Mont Blanc Legend (A&F Fierce, Egoiste Platinum smellalike; cheap)
Baldessarini Secret Mission
Chanel Pour Monsieur

You can see I'm in a period in life, where I'm solely into the mainstream/sports scents that would make the skin of certain "perfumistas" crawl. I got tired of living by other people's words 
basshead.gif

I bought my Egoiste at a Chanel counter for full retail but it was a good deal after all, cause afterwards I saw Aveda hawking their cologne @ half the bottle size for the same price :O 

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #329 of 436
CREEDS: by Order!

Royal-Oud
Millesime Imperial
Aventus
Green Irish Tweed
Tabarome Millesime 
Himalaya
Bois Du Portugal
Silver Mountain Water
Erolfa
Epicea

The women will adore you in any of these fragrances and you will be surprised just how many men ask you what your wearing
eek.gif
 All the Creeds are nice however I personally tend to stay away from the overly sweet/floral ones
rolleyes.gif

Don't be scared and buy them in the 17oz. Flacon
wink_face.gif
 Trust me though I'm a 1.0oz. guy 99% of the time, lucky if I ever get a 2.5oz. and have obviously robbed a bank if I get a 4.0oz'er
blink.gif
 LOL I could literally drop a full race engine into my car for what those ten bottle in a large Flacon would set you back
very_evil_smiley.gif
 But hey it's only money right
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back