Cologne-fi
Nov 15, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #271 of 436
Latest acquisition for me is one with a shamelessly bad bottle: Davidoff Champion.

Supposedly it opens with citrus accords, then goes into clary sage -- both of which I enjoy tremendously -- with a strong dose of Iso E Super. It's probably not very deep or interesting to a serious perfumista, but I just enjoyed the scent tremendously, as long as I can hide the bottle!

This will probably be my last "proper" cologne for a while, my budget is going to other things.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #272 of 436
I wear Brut cologne. Its not the best smelling in the world. But the smell brings back childhood memories for me somehow. And the ladys seem to like it. When combined with the smell of a cigarette, it creates an amazing distinct aroma. Oh, and its pretty good for being a cheap cologne.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #274 of 436
A&F Fierce - one of my favourite for normal daily use.
Burberry London love the smell of tabacco pepper and this little hint that reminds me of blueberries. The best fregrance to use when going out to pub or bar.
The last I use is Trussardi  - Essenza del Tempo nice smell for business metings it smells money but feminine.

There're also few fregrances which I like but do not own - D&G the one, Burberry London Special, Escada Magnetism.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #276 of 436
For people with exquisite tastes in audio, some of you sure do enjoy perpetrating injustices on your olfactories with your rather pedestrian scents. 

wink.gif

That said, my usuals are Czech & Speake No. 88, Guerlain Vetiver, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Creed Green Irish Tweed, and DR Harris Arlington.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #277 of 436
I own:
Hymalaya by Creed
Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme
Thierry Mugler Cologne
The Dreamer by Versace
Black XS by Paco Rabanne
Terre D'Hermès
M7 by YSL
M7 Fresh by YSL
Body Kouros by YSL
Gaultier²

My favorite, by far, is M7, there's something in it that's just dark, dirty and intoxicating... It's a shame many people are put off by it.
The one I actually like to wear the most is Black XS, though some may find it too juvenile.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #278 of 436
Currently I use Lacoste Essentials and Eternity by Calvin Klein. I used to use One by Calvin Klein and Euphoria by Calvin Klein.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #279 of 436
I just searched this thread and I am absolutely amazed to see no references of 4711, the original cologne. Anyone who hasn't tried it should at least once.

4711.jpg

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #281 of 436
Bumping this post.  This is awesome.  But, as a previous user- isn't it "Brut 33"?  Or, Brut doesn't even need a last name anymore...

Quote:
I wear Brut cologne. Its not the best smelling in the world. But the smell brings back childhood memories for me somehow. And the ladys seem to like it. When combined with the smell of a cigarette, it creates an amazing distinct aroma. Oh, and its pretty good for being a cheap cologne.

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #282 of 436
Lol @ 4711.  It's great for scenting's ones handkerchiefs, not one's person.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #283 of 436

Quote:

I didn't say it was the best out there, simply that one had to try it 
wink_face.gif

I actually quite like it. (Not necessarily for "normal use" cologne.)  It's not trying too hard to be masculine, and it doesn't smell strong. 99% of colognes now are both too strong and masculine to the point where they just reek of chemical concoction. And I hate the smell of deer testicle.

As for Brut, I always found it a bit strong and somehow it made me queasy, but it's not a bad scent.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #284 of 436

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't say it was the best out there, simply that one had to try it 
wink_face.gif

Oh, absolutely!  It's just an odd choice for an everyday cologne, lol.  Have you tried Murray & Lanman Florida Water?  Another cheap and oldie but goody:

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #285 of 436
You weren't kidding when you said reasonably priced! I haven't tried it, but at $3.44 on Amazon for 7.5 ounces, sure I'll give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back