Cologne-fi
Mar 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #241 of 436
Polo
Explorer - daily wear
Black - daily wear
Safari - for evening wear (my personal favourite)

Armani Code - evening wear
Perry Ellis 360 blue - friday nights
Bvlgari Aqva - weekends

Dunhill Desire for late nights :p
Burberry by Burberry for special occasions

I think I'm set for the next couple of years :p

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #242 of 436
I have crazy sensitive skin, therefore I'm very limited in my choice of scent. Fortunately, there are a few I can use. Some products by Marco Polo work for me, and so far all Davidoff products I tried have worked for me.
Davidoff Adventure is my current scent of choice (my wife goes ape**** over it, she loves the scent :p). Another good thing, it's pretty affordable too.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #248 of 436
Got some Burberry Touch when it was on sale on Amazon a few days ago. Blind buy, but I've only read heaps of good reviews before I pulled the trigger.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #249 of 436
Terre D'Hermes for me

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #250 of 436
The only cologne I will wear is Pi by Givenchy. Not the Pi Neo, the regular Pi, with the yellowish/brown color.

Every woman I've ever been close to adores the smell on me, and I'm a firm believer in a man having a signature scent. Find something that works, and never wear anything else.

That being said, people respond differently to colognes. What smells good on one person won't smell good on another. Take a shower, don't wear any scent, walk into a place that sells cologne, get a couple quick first impressions of stuff, and ask to be hit with a sample of it. Wear it for a couple hours, do the rest of your mall shopping, meet up with a lady friend and give her a hug.

If she reacts positively, chances are you've got a winner. Now go back to that perfume counter and buy the biggest bottle of the stuff you can find!

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #251 of 436
My must wears:

Givenchy Gentleman (old formulation, haven't tried the new)
Paco Rabanne Black XS
Richard James Savile Row
Azzaro Pour Homme

Used to love Eau Sauvage back in the day - must give it a whirl sometime.

May 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #253 of 436
Another obscure - but excellent - cologne I've been wearing is Alt-Innsbruck. It is menthol and tobacco. It doesn't smell like smoke, it smells like freshly picked drying tobacco leaves. The menthol is prevalent on application and dry down, but fades quickly leaving a beautiful tobacco scent. Further, you can get Alt-Innsbruck at West Coast Shaving for about $28. It's a bargain.

I haven't tried it yet, but am close to pulling the trigger on a bottle of Czech & Speake 88. Great reports and it sounds like something I would enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back