College Acceptance-Fi
Jan 17, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #31 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buffalo seems tempting, but according to Mapquest I live a bit over 6 hours from there -_- and winter is probably WAY worse than Binghamton(which is way worse than here).

I'm at buffalo right now and the winter isn't that much worse then NYC and most of the buildings on campus are connected so you really don't need to go outside much at all

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #32 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha ok, just gotta wait until April to see if that's where I'm going.
btw, are a good amount of the students from NYC?

long island, nyc, westchester mostly

and some sprinking of upstate/downstate people

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #33 of 101
I was deferred from Georgetown in December.. Still waiting from UMD, UVA, UPenn, William and Mary, and Carnegie Mellon.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #34 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexinExile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was deferred from Georgetown in December.. Still waiting from UMD, UVA, UPenn, William and Mary, and Carnegie Melon.

Who's paying?
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #35 of 101
Liberal Arts - UPenn > UVA
Engineering - Carnegie Melon > UVA

all else fails, UVA is a good backup for both BA or BS
wink.gif

I am surprised that you are not applying to Michigan, arguably a better alternative than UVA for BA and a top pick for engineering (better than Carnegie) - shameless plug
biggrin.gif

GL

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #36 of 101
Hey I'm danish look at me! As long as I have the minimum required grade for having a chance to pass the degree I can study freely anything I want and we even get state funding for up 6 years of university degrees at a level you can almost live in a college room on that alone.
Got accepted 3 semesters ago to DTU which one of 2 large engineering universities in Denmark which have abundances of audio companies associated like GN (Jabra, Resound), William Demant (Oticon, Sennheiser Communications), B&O, Brüll & Kjær and so forth.
Thought before you get all mad on me, I will say that I have worked for where I am. Also I will need to pay 60 % income tax of anything above something like 60K $ a year for the rest of my life! (only 39-50% percent below that thought)

I hope you all the best who have not found or been accepted to the joy of their career life yet!

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #39 of 101
Looks like i am the only one representing good old UK in this thread.
I applied to read Economics at university, and got few responses:
Southampton
University College London
And finally... Oxford
biggrin.gif
. (applied for Economics and Management)
Still waiting to hear from Warwick and London School of Economics, but they are supposed to reply late.
I got the offers, now just need to get the grades (we get provisional offers in the UK, eg: AAA from Oxford. I'll get in, providing i get the grades in the summer exams.)
Now just need to wait 10 months to actually go to the uni
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back