College Acceptance-Fi
Mar 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #61 of 101
as a mature student I got an acceptance letter (new years eve 2005) to read History at Cambridge. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances had to leave after freshers week.

Started at Manchester 2007 as it's closer to home it's just a commute so I am sticking it out longer this time lol

congrats to everyone who gets a place, it's quite a rush when you get an acceptance letter through.

Wish I would have done all this when younger though, you miss out on a lot of things being in your thirties that you wouldnt do at 18 and 19.

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #62 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats
smily_headphones1.gif
Got mine two years ago. Speaking of acceptance letters, I was at my friends and saw his UC Berkeley letter, and WOW it is niiice. It come in this ready-to-display thingy and looks as good as my high school diploma.

no offense intended to anyone, but I thought all acceptance letters came as such?

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #68 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone apply to MIT?

did you? and did you get in?

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #69 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no offense intended to anyone, but I thought all acceptance letters came as such?

Nope...an acceptance letter is just a piece of paper. Not sure why you'd want to frame it. Actually graduating within 4-5 years with your sanity intact, however, is cause for a diploma - trust me.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far. My sister is going through all this right now and is still waiting on all the big schools.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #70 of 101
Today was very disappointing for me.
triportsad.gif
I got my rejection letter from UCLA. I thought I was on par with my fellow classmates who got accepted, but I guess not.

But on a lighter note, I did get accepted into Davis, Irvine, and San Diego so far.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #71 of 101
University of Virginia, um 20 years ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #73 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my financial aid package from Clarkson. They offered me $40k
biggrin.gif

Holy moly! They must really want you to go to their school. Congratulations.
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #75 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
University of Pennsylvania Forty Years Ago. Time is accelerating! Enjoy the moment.

It's either depressing or exciting how fast the time goes.
beerchug.gif

can never have your cake and eat it too
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back