Cnet's James Kim gone missing?
Dec 7, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #106 of 211
I think for those who criticize Kim's decision to leave the car, you have to remember that although in theory staying in the car gives you the best chance to survive, there were also cases where people had stayed in the car and perished eventually. Had he been alone by himself, I'm sure he would have chosen to stay with the car. But after 7 days' wait, they were really facing the possibility that nobody was going to find them in weeks. Whatever action he took, it was to maximize the chance for the wife and kids to survive. The minute he stepped out of the car, he knew there was a fair chance that he would die out there.

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #107 of 211
A sad day indeed.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #108 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever action he took, it was to maximize the chance for the wife and kids to survive. The minute he stepped out of the car, he knew there was a fair chance that he would die out there.

Totally agree. I doubt he was totally ignorant to the fact he did not have a good chance of surviving that kind of terrain/weather by himself for very long.
I think it got to the point where it just doesn't matter what logic dictates and any shred of chance to save his family he would have taken.

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #110 of 211
For those who would have stayed in the car after 7 days... you probably don't have kids. If you do, I'd hate to be your kid.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #111 of 211
it's amazing that those tech buys bounced a ping off a tower to even give the searchers a general idea based on 2 text messages sent a day after they went missing...James' family was very very fortunate, and I am certain somewhere James would take solace in the fact that his family is alive thanks to the kind of advanced technology he admired in life, and the resourceful motivated people who used it.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #112 of 211
My greatest condolences goes out to his family and friends. James Kim was in my opinion a hero, and probably meant the best for his family when he left on feet to look for help (after all it was seven days). Again my greatest condolences goes out to his family and friends.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #114 of 211
It just breaks my heart to think of him out there alone and not knowing that his family made it out OK while he hunted for help. It really does. I don't know why this whole thing hurts much more than any other "celebrity" dying tragically... you know? It's sort of like... most celebrities passing would have certainly been a downer, but somehow James Kim was just such a likable honest guy and what I imagine must have been such a good father... I don't know. The whole thing's really upsetting.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #115 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It just breaks my heart to think of him out there alone and not knowing that his family made it out OK while he hunted for help. It really does. I don't know why this whole thing hurts much more than any other "celebrity" dying tragically... you know? It's sort of like... most celebrities passing would have certainly been a downer, but somehow James Kim was just such a likable honest guy and what I imagine must have been such a good father... I don't know. The whole thing's really upsetting.

yeah... I cannot imagine the last moments of his life... He probably must have felt really bad that he could not find help and that his two kids would probably not have a father anymore... He must have suffered immensely, mentally and physically, during those last two days...

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #117 of 211
Quote:

You read my mind
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #119 of 211
Wow, unreal this happened. Life is waaaay to short guys.

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #120 of 211
Quote:

I have to agree with you. When I read about Celebs being killed or w/e, I usually dont really care. However, this story touched me like it was someone I know. I will be wearing all black tomorow to honor James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back