cmoybb 2.02 help
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fir3dp

Head-Fier
hey!

im new to this forum

i just bought a few parts for my cmoybb v2.02 and bought a normal pcb board.

is there anyone that can help me with the layout of the things as the web itself do not tell you which items connects together. possible a pic of the bottom and stuff

thanks alot

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 6
Oct 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 6
From "normal" I'm going to work off the assumption that you're using standard perfboard from radioshack or wherever. If that's the case, here's your answer from the CmoyBB site:

"I would like to share the cMoyBB's schematic. However, the cMoyBB cannot be properly reproduced without my custom printed circuit board (PCB). Achieving proper signal characteristics and decoupling is essential to the amplifier's performance. These features cannot be reliably implemented with protoboard. The cMoyBB's PCB has undergone numerous revisions and analog signal integrity analyses. Amateur PCB designers often lack the knowledge to design a PCB with equivalent performance, too. If I were to release the schematic, cloned versions of the cMoyBB would undoubtedly produce inferior sound quality and tarnish the amplifier's excellent reputation."

Of course, if you actually have purchased the board, the assembly instructions are easily found on the site.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fir3dp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea im using a standard board.

so the only way is to only order the board?

The PCBs are what, $5? Either order the board, or invest the time in taking the schematic and creating your own P2P layout on protoboard for it. If someone had already done it, it would probably be posted. It isn't that far off from a regular Cmoy; you could use Tangent's layout for a Cmoy as a starting point or guidance.

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 6
i bought two of the cmoy boards from John Seaber-- he shipped them quickly, they are good boards, and he was extremely helpful when i ran into problems of my own making! i highly recommend buying the board from him -- it is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back