Cmoy Pcb for use with ALPS RK097?
Apr 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fresno Bob

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here made a pcb for use with the ALPS RK097 mounted on the pcb itself. if so how was it done? if not can it be done?
Also is there a way to intergreate this pot on to the tangent style cmoy based board that is described on his site.

Apr 10, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 8
You can design a pcb board for it or hand wire it to tangents cmoy layout. I think he sells those pots primarily as a cheaper option to the alps blue for board mounting on the pimeta pcb.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 8
I did up an Eagle layout based on Guzzler's CMoy board for an A47 using the Alps RK097 as Tangent sells. I haven't etched one yet. It is a double-sided board (top side is ground plane). This could be built as a CMoy by leaving the second opamp and a couple of resistors off (not sure why you would want to but it could be done).

Also, some of the folks on the SG Headphone web site (no URL handy) have done up a board that is for sale for around $10... they used a similar pot, can't recall if it had the switch or not. This amp looks promising.

Apr 11, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 8
I think this is the link referred to:
http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=3219

It seems to be for a RK09 pot, don't know if it is the same. The S$10 indicated is for local self-collect purchase in Singapore. For foreign sales, you need to pm the person concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars
I did up an Eagle layout based on Guzzler's CMoy board for an A47 using the Alps RK097 as Tangent sells. I haven't etched one yet. It is a double-sided board (top side is ground plane). This could be built as a CMoy by leaving the second opamp and a couple of resistors off (not sure why you would want to but it could be done).

Also, some of the folks on the SG Headphone web site (no URL handy) have done up a board that is for sale for around $10... they used a similar pot, can't recall if it had the switch or not. This amp looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back