cMoy: My first amp; need burn-in?
Oct 8, 2005 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Riku540

1000+ Head-Fier
I just ordered this cMoy amp, except bought it directly instead of bidding. I will be getting it in the mail soon and can't wait to test it out with my UE super.fi 5 pros.

My question is, does an amp like this require burn-in? If so, about how much time until the sound smoothes out to its full potential? Thanks for your help.

Oct 8, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 17
Might wanna close your WTB thread, lol. My CMoy sounded fine on first test.

Oct 8, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 17
Just plug it in, listen to it and enjoy it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku540
... Please explain?

upgraditis.

Oct 8, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 17
Ah, so he meant a good thing as in the whole "Curse you Head-Fi!" thing? Sorry, slow on the uptake here. Welp, guess I should give my wallet one last kiss goodbye.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 17
Yeah, (in a cryptic way) I was saying you are gonna have a blast when you hear your headphones through that Cmoy amp. If it has the same effect on you that it did to me, be ready for purchases of more amps/headphones. Before you know it you will have a nice collection going
wink.gif

Then you can post on the msg board along with me and curse everyone here!
biggrin.gif

Have fun with your new amp, and be sure to let us know what you think of it!

Oct 8, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 17
Lol, let me calculate. In the 3 weeks I've been here Head-Fi has emptied my wallet to the tune of $500. Bloody Hell!
eek.gif

Hopefully, when everything I've bought has come I'll be cured of upgraditus for a bit!
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #13 of 17
In theory, maybe, in practice, probably not. For me, I initally way back when said a baseline HD650 only, but that truned into HD650 woodied with aftermarket cable. And what was to be the G-Lite truuned into a Hornet reservation and probably upcoming a MPX3.

Oct 9, 2005 at 11:23 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
doubtful.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol, yes. A new HD650 is not so extortionate on eBay. Only a touch more than my SM3 in fact.

If I'd have thought I might have got the HD650 instead, but I'd have to get a good amp sometime anyway. When my savings recover I'll be after a new PC tower first, then save up a bit and maybe get an HD650. My Cardas cable fits on the HD650 too.
eggosmile.gif

Does anyone know, will my Zen Touch/SM3 be man enough to drive 650s. I mean 580s sound awesome.

Ooh just had a thought, my HD580s are still very desirable and well burnt in, bet I could get a decent price for them...if I can part with them, its seems a hard task for a lot of people!

Oct 9, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #15 of 17
That's the same seller who made the cmoy that I was selling. It's a good amp for that price. It opens up the soundstage, improves the bass. Works well with low impedence cans.

Beware of upgradeitis! I started at that cmoy, then the pocket amp and now I'm already looking for my next upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back