CMoy/ Micro CMoy.... any good?
Jun 19, 2008 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

coolchu001

100+ Head-Fier
I'm new to headphone amps and it seems like the CMoy amps are very popular because they are affordable and portable.

How is the quality and sound of these? There is a seller on eBay that sells lots of these and every feedback is positive. Anyone have this amp?

Jun 19, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Don't know which ebay seller you are talking about, but I purchased mine from biosciencegeek and can vouch for the quality and sound ( no hiss, customizable, good battery life and looks cool ). The thing is, yes it's portable, but not portable enough for me and as far as sound, is more of a stop gap between purchasing a much better portable amp. So, if your intent is to have an inexpensive, half way decent sounding, semi portable amp, then I'd say go for it, but if you are looking for serious portability, I'd suggest something like the ibasso T2 which just attaches to the back of my ipod. If you are looking for serious sound quality, the cmoy chip is a good starter chip for an amp, but you can find much better if you are willing to spend some $$$.

IMG_0118_resize.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back