Closed unamped all-rounder with best midrange <250£
Oct 23, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #31 of 34
I wasnt particularly happy about the kind of isolation IEMs gave me because even though they got their job done for blocking the outside noise i could hear every footstep while walking. This and the under water kind of feeling when having them in were quite annoying.

I dont see anyone even mention ATH m50s or Ultrasones so i guess its not the way to go for mids?
List narrows down to ESW9/10, SRH840, K271mk2, GMP 8.35 and HD 25-1 II
As for now Im leaning towards ESW9. Maybe its worth the hassle of trading a bit of isolation for better sound quality. Is soundstage and detail on ESW9 significantly better than on HD 25-1? Is any of You using ESW9 for commuting and if yes with what results? After all they were not made for home use i guess and also provide much better isolation than px100 or porta pro kind of things.
GMP 8.35 looks interesting too. I havent read any negative opinions about them. But then again there's not many people who heard them or compared them to other headphones as well...

Oct 23, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #33 of 34
I'm wearing an SRH840 now. I wouldn't wear them out. They're the size of my head and are heavy. They don't seem to slip much, but they'll be unwieldy to walk around with. Also, they strangle me when I wear them around my neck. I don't have a very large neck. Small geeky Asian boy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back