Closed over-ear Headphones under 300 USD
Nov 11, 2016 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ynos6600

New Head-Fier
Hello. I am looking to buy closed over ear headphones, under 300 USD. Will used it at work for music listening 80%) connected to Asus Xonar external sound card, and at home for music and evening movie watching (20%), connected to Denon mid priced receiver. I do not need wireless headphones, unles i can get same sound quality for that budget.

I have read several reviews, i spotted Sennheiser momentum 2. Any other suggestion?

Thank you.

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm a big fan of the NAD Visio HP 50's. Check out the reviews. I think it punches well above its price. Some people do have fit issues with them though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 7
I recently purchased a pair of NAD Visio HP-50 as refurbs for $189. I use them primarily at my computer where I have a Squeezebox and a Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 with op-amp upgrade. My other cans are Sennheiser HD599. Obviously the biggest difference is the NADs are closed but I wanted the ability to block out excessive outside noise and not bother others with my music at the same time. The NADs have much more bass and punch than the very polite Senns and "room feel" seems to have helped with the lack of air. Since I only paid $189 for them I'm quite satisfied with my purchase. The fit might be a challenge for some. The ear cups are noticeably smaller than my Senns and I had to fiddle with them to get them to seal properly around my ears. I'm not a big person with big ears so they work OK for me. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 7
https://www.amazon.com/Fostex-Professional-Studio-Headphones-Closed/dp/B01686PE1O/ref=pd_sbs_267_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BY6FCASZ2VPTS603BTA2

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm a big fan of the NAD Visio HP 50's. Check out the reviews. I think it punches well above its price. Some people do have fit issues with them though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

was in similar space a while ago - shortlisted Meze 99. Do take a look

So just an update on this. I still have the NAD Visio's but have recently picked up the Meze 99 Classics and they have supplanted the HP50's as my "go-to" closed headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back